NVIDIA Energizes Computex With New ION-Based PC Products
Highly Anticipated Platform Takes Off With 21 New Products for Small PCs
COMPUTEX, TAIPEI, TAIWAN-JUNE 2, 2009-NVIDIA, the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, announced broad adoption of its award-winning NVIDIA® ION graphics processor at the Computex tradeshow today. The new products - introduced at an NVIDIA press conference in Taipei and on display at the show - include small desktop PCs, thin and light notebooks, all-in-one PCs, and low power motherboard solutions which all deliver a full PC experience in a small, low-power system.
The new products include:
Acer Desktop AspireRevo
AsRock Desktop ION 330
ASUS Motherboard C2N7A-I
ASUS All-in-one eeeTop ET2002
Colorful Desktop iHTPC
ECS Desktop 7AT-3L
ECS All-in-one Morph-I
Flextronics All-in-one Cobra-2
Flextronics Desktop Dove-2
Funtwist Desktop FION 330
ICD All-in-one Kitchen PC
Lenovo Notebook IdeaPad S12
MSI Desktop Windbox D200
MSI All-in-one Windtop AE2201
Pegatron Desktop IPP7A-CP
Pegatron All-in-one IPP7A-DF2
Pegatron Motherboard IPX7A-ION
TCL All-in-one Ruiyi 1010
Telcast Notebook TL-1000N
Weibu Notebook N10A
Zotac Motherboard ION-ITX
See the new ION products on display at Computex at the NVIDIA partner booths in the Nankang Exhibition Hall.
The new NVIDIA ION-based PCs and platform solutions are great for high definition video, mainstream gaming, and GPU-accelerated video and photo editing applications that take advantage of NVIDIA CUDA technology.
ION also supports DirectX Compute as part of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system. DirectX Compute running on NVIDIA's CUDA compute hardware architecture delivers a major boost for small form factor PCs because it accelerates applications like video editing that run poorly or not at all on today's low-powered PCs. Other GPU-accelerated applications like vReveal and Badaboom let users quickly edit video and convert it for use on a portable media player like an iPod.
"NVIDIA is really shaking up the small form factor space with ION graphics," said Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst for the Enderle Group. "Netbooks and nettops are the hottest selling items in the PC space right now, but most are severely limited. ION removes the major chunk of that performance limitation allowing PC vendors the perfect blend of design, performance, and value that drives sales in hard times."
"Consumer interest in the Acer AspireRevo featuring NVIDIA's ION graphics has been overwhelming," said Gianpero Morbello, senior vice president of corporate marketing for Acer. "The Acer AspireRevo clearly demonstrates the power of ION to deliver a full and unique multimedia experience for an amazingly low price. We see strong consumer demand in this space."
NVIDIA ION graphics processors deliver big performance from small PCs with up to 10X faster graphics than similar systems1. ION graphics support:
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista Home Premium
- Low-power CPUs including Intel Atom, Intel Celeron, and Via Nano processors
- Outstanding 1080p HD video with true-fidelity 7.1 audio
- Popular games including The Sims 3, Lego Batman, World of WarCraft, and Battlefield Heroes
- DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity
- Accelerated video enhancement and transcoding using NVIDIA® CUDA and DirectX Compute technology
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon