Fountain Valley, CA - October 21, 2019 - Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced it is shipping the KC600 SATA SSD. Designed for use in desktop and notebook workloads, KC600 is a full-capacity SSD that provides remarkable performance. It comes in a 2.5" form factor using the SATA Rev 3.0 interface with backwards compatibility.
KC600 is optimized for functional system responsiveness with incredible boot, loading and transfer times. It supports a full-security suite that includes AES-XTS 256-bit hardware-based encryption, TCG Opal 2.0 and eDrive, allowing users to protect and secure their data. KC600 will be available in capacities up to 2TB utilizing the latest 3D TLC NAND technology and has read/write speeds up to 550/520MB/s, respectively. It is offered as both a stand-alone SSD or as a bundle kit which provides everything needed for an easy desktop or notebook upgrade installation.
"Kingston is excited to release our latest 2.5" SATA SSD with 3D TLC NAND. With full capacities up to 2TB, self-encryption and its impressive speeds, KC600 has exactly what consumers and corporate customers are looking for when they're ready to upgrade their existing systems," said Justin Karasek, SSD business manager, Kingston. "Our optional bundle kit that includes an enclosure, cloning software and cables makes it easy for customers to install our new drive."
KC600 is currently available in 256GB and 512GB capacities, with 1024GB and 2048GB shipping soon. KC600 is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
KC600 Features and Specifications:
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) - with backwards capability to SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 256GB, 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB
- Controller: SMI SM2259
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Encrypted: AES-XTS 256-bit encryption
- 256GB - up to 550/500MB/s
- 512GB-2048GB - up to 550/520MB/s
Maximum 4K Read/Write: up to 90,000/80,000 IOPS
Power Consumption: 0.06W Idle / 0.2W Avg / 1.3W (MAX) Read / 3.2W (MAX) Write
Dimensions: 100.1mm x 69.85mm x 7mm
Operating temperature: 0C~70C
Storage temperature: -40C~85C
Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 256GB - 150TB
- 512GB - 300TB
- 1024GB - 600TB
- 2048GB - 1200TB
Part Number - Capacity
- SKC600/256G - 256GB KC600 SSD (Stand-alone drive)
- SKC600/512G - 512GB KC600 SSD (Stand-alone drive)
- SKC600/1024G - 1024GB KC600 SSD (Stand-alone drive)
- SKC600/2048G - 2048GB KC600 SSD (Stand-alone drive)
- SKC600B/256G - 256GB KC600 SSD (Desktop/Notebook upgrade kit)
- SKC600B/512G - 512GB KC600 SSD (Desktop/Notebook upgrade kit)
- SKC600B/1024G - 1024GB KC600 SSD (Desktop/Notebook upgrade kit)
- SKC600B/2048G - 2048GB KC600 SSD (Desktop/Notebook upgrade kit)