SEGA Games Co., Ltd. is proud to confirm the release of Sonic Racing and ChuChu Rocket! Universe for Apple Arcade, Apple's subscription service launching globally today. A video celebrating both games is available here!
Perfect for gamers while also suitable for the entire family, both games are exclusive to Apple Arcade and fitting with SEGA's DNA: finely-tuned gameplay coated with stunning graphics and a frantic multiplayer experience.
"We're thrilled to partner with Apple for the launch of Apple Arcade. The service lifts the lid on innovation and has enabled some incredible new experiences for classic SEGA brands. I hope our fans and their families enjoy playing for generations to come" explained Mike Evans, SVP, Mobile and Digital Strategy at SEGA of America.
About the games:
Sonic Racing is inspired by the critically acclaimed console title released in May: Team Sonic Racing. It features Artificial Intelligence-controlled team members, new tracks, and a number of unlockable characters. The road is yours. Take it now!
- 15 tracks split across 5 Zones
- Build your ideal team from 15 characters from the Sonic universe
- 15 spectacular power ups (Wisps) to help overcome rival teams and get ahead
- Practice mode, online multiplayer with global matchmaking, private races with friends
- Event participation will grant rewards - Challenges will allow even more rewards!
ChuChu Rocket! Universe is the long-awaited sequel to the legendary Dreamcast Arcade Puzzle game ChuChu Rocket!. Featuring space mice (the ChuChus) and space cats (the KapuKapus), this sequel is a brand new game using the same incredibly simple gameplay that made it a success two decades ago.
- Over 100 mind-bending 3D puzzles to solve as players will travel through 12 surprising and delightful constellations
- Puzzle mode, challenge mode and boss battle
- Jump into a four-player quick match or invite your friends to join you in a multiplayer battle
- Master every Constellation and collect all the Achievements!
"Working on these projects has been a joy for the entire studio. We can't wait to discover players' reactions and take part in insane online battles. Sonic Racing will certainly please all players craving for a need for speed in a Sonic universe, while ChuChu Rocket! Universe will drive crazy a number of those who like Arcade Puzzles!" concluded Neall Jones, Studio Director of HARDlight, a SEGA of Europe studio based in the UK and behind both titles.
Sonic Racing and ChuChu Rocket! Universe are available NOW, exclusively on Apple Arcade.