New VIA Vinyl HD Audio Codecs Offer Full-Rate Blu-ray Audio with CyberLink PowerDVD
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today unveiled the next generation of VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs, the VIA Vinyl VT1818S and 1828S, with support offered by CyberLink in their latest award-winning DVD player software, CyberLink PowerDVD.
The leading Blu-ray Disc and DVD playback software, CyberLink PowerDVD provides enhanced high-definition audio through the embedded VIA Vinyl HD VIA Vinyl 1828S Audio codecs, which also support Blu-ray Disc audio content protection, allowing for optimal audio output. Without content protection support, audio quality is dramatically reduced to that of a regular CD with a sampling rate of only 16-bit/48kHz.
Optimized for low power consumption, the VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S codecs integrate four and five 24-bit stereo digital-to-analog converters (DAC) respectively, along with two stereo analog-to-digital converters (ADC), supporting audio sample rates up to 192 kHz and delivering exceptional audio quality to even the VIA Vinyl 818S Logomost demanding high-definition standards.
"VIA's new HD audio codecs offer the best possible fidelity and clarity for playback of Blu-ray content", said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "With support from CyberLink's advanced PowerDVD playback software, users will be able to experience the exceptional audio and video quality of high-definition movie content on their PC."
"CyberLink is pleased to offer support to VIA Vinyl HD Audio codec technology within our award-winning playback software, PowerDVD," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "By partnering with VIA, Cyberlink is able to deliver enhanced high-definition audio with support for audio content protection, allowing users to enjoy the full benefits of Blu-ray video."
The VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S HD Audio codecs are compliant with the latest Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and also provide support for optional sound effect software, including DTS Connect, DTS Surround Sensation, Creative and QSound.
About the VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT 1828S HD Audio Codecs
The VIA Vinyl VT1818S can achieve 100 dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) for DACs and supports Blu-ray and HD DVD Audio Content Protection as well as advanced VoIP and enhanced music functionality. The two independent 16, 20, 24-bit S/PDIF TX Output channels of the VIA Vinyl VT1818S support sampling rates of 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 88.2 kHz. The second S/PDIF TX Out is dedicated for digital audio output to an HDMI transmitter.
The VIA Vinyl VT1828S features five DACs able to achieve 110 dB SNR. It also features two stereo ADCs, analog input to analog output mixing, two independent S/PDIF outputs, and a high quality analog mixer used to support an A-A path. The VIA Vinyl VT1828S supports Blu-ray and HD DVD Audio Content Protection.
Both new VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs support a front-panel jack re-tasking feature that allows flexible configurations and aids consumers' ability to play two different audio streams through their PC at the same time, providing greater versatility to a system that functions as a home theatre device.
Latest News Posts
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Square Enix to make more HD-2D games like Octopath Traveler
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019