The delightfully addicting 2D open world adventure Forager will now be available at North American retail for both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, Oct. 22. Courtesy of distributor Nighthawk Interactive, these boxed editions contain an exclusive poster and stickers.
From developer HopFrog and publisher Humble Bundle, Forager allows players to explore and establish themselves in the world in their own unique playstyle. The free-form upgrade system allows for a customizable experience, focusing on or balancing between pursuits of farming, foraging, dungeoneering, archeology, combat, puzzle-solving and base-building. With an abundance of biomes to traverse, non-playable characters (NPCs) to interact with and random events to encounter, Forager offers myriad experiences to engage with.
In Forager, players can:
- Become an Adventurer - With four distinct old-school dungeons to raid, players can face mighty bosses solo or with the help of NPCs, and seek out puzzles and hidden treasure chests filled with blueprints and goodies. Leveling up to learn new skills and abilities and unlocking new weapon recipes will help the intrepid adventurer.
- Become a Farmer - Players can cultivate vegetables, flowers, fruit, strange herbs and even rocks and minerals with the right tactics. Animals can become part of the family, too, as players pet, feed and take care of animals to win over their animals' deepest loyalties through the Love System.
- Become a Gatherer - All sorts of resources, consumables and materials are available for players to forage, fish, mine, hunt, dig and farm across various biomes. The rarest discoveries can be turned in at the local Museum to showcase and earn special rewards.
- Become a Merchant - Forager is full of resources to exploit. Players can sell everything, buy more things, and then sell those things at a profit and manufacture an empire through trade and aggressive expansion.
- Become a Builder - All the land is the player's foundation, ripe for building and growing a base out of nothing. Players can purchase land to design and decorate whatever base fits their preference, whether that be a serene farm, industrial hub, defensive fortress, or cozy cottage.
- Become... [fill in the blank] - The world of Forager is a playground for player's choice. Anyone can set their own goals and work towards them.
Forager is rated E10+ by the ESRB.