Super Micro Presents 80 Plus Gold (93%+ efficiency) 1200 W Server Power
Super Micro Computer, Inc., a leader in application-optimized, high-performance server solutions, today announced that its latest generation of enhanced, high-capacity storage chassis with Gold Level certified 1200-watt redundant power supplies are shipping in volume. These chassis feature Supermicro's advanced cooling subsystem designs to deliver optimal system efficiency and TCO by reducing customers' energy bills.
A pioneer of high-efficiency server technology, Supermicro has been leading the way with the most efficient systems for years. As the APAC chair of the Climate Savers Computing Initiative, the company has successfully encouraged others within the industry to improve, too. Enabling these new 93%+ power supplies has re-established Supermicro as the true leader in producing the industry's most energy-efficient systems.
"We are ushering in a golden era in storage solutions by upgrading our high-capacity storage chassis with Gold Level certified 1200-watt high-efficiency power supplies," said Charles Liang, CEO and president, Supermicro. "In addition to saving enterprises hundreds of dollars per system on their energy bills, these solutions also help preserve the environment. This new generation of 1U, 2U, 3U and 4U storage chassis feature optimized iPass connectivity, fully redundant power supplies with PMBus functionality for superior power management, SES-2 features and enhanced hard drive trays, as well as 100% recyclable, palletized packaging."
Supermicro's new SC826A-R1200LPB storage chassis supports 12 hot-swap SAS/SATA drives in 2U and up to seven low-profile add-on cards. The SC836A-R1200B and SC936A-R1200B chassis both feature 16 hot-swap SAS/SATA drive bays in 3U with support for seven full-size add-on cards. With 24 hot-swap SAS/SATA drive bays (and up to two internal drives) in 4U, the new SC846A-R1200B is a reliable and maintenance-free storage workhorse that also supports seven full-size add-on cards. For 2.5" storage, Supermicro's 1U SC113 chassis support eight hard drives, while its 2U SC213A and SC216A series chassis support 16 and 24 hard drives, respectively.
These new chassis, with iPass connectivity mapping four drives per cable for hassle-free maintenance, are optimized for direct-attach storage solutions. They support both 3Gbps and 6Gbps SAS interfaces for high-bandwidth storage applications. When combined with Supermicro's wide selection of network and storage controller cards, these systems are ideal for SAN or NAS as well as Cloud-based storage, SaaS, disaster recovery, and iSCSI solutions.
All of these chassis flexibly support both uni-processor (UP) and dual-processor (DP) motherboards and feature optimized hard drive signal trace routing and improved hard drive tray designs to dampen vibrations and maximize drive performance. Another unique Supermicro advantage is 100% cooling redundancy; even if an internal cooling fan fails, these systems will continue operating without any performance loss. In addition, heavy-duty palletized packaging is standard on these 1200-watt series chassis to ensure secure system reliability during shipping, and tool-less, roller rail designs for easy installation and maintenance come standard.
Supermicro Server Building Block Solutions offer exceptional flexibility and outstanding feature advantages. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of server and workstation solutions go to Super Micro.
Latest News Posts
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit