Aug 6, 2019 -- Developers Wide Right Games have announced that upcoming bat$#!% crazy side-scrolling punch and shoot 'em up Freedom Finger will also have a censored mode. The game's highly satirical content in its original form is not for the faint or potty mouth intolerant so the developers are offering players a slightly cleaner yet still comical way for players to enjoy the hand-drawn quirky title.
In Freedom Finger, players will fly through space and some pretty out-there levels as they pilot their middle finger ship. To make the game's ship a bit more audience-friendly the game's censored mode will present the ship as just that "censored". Players will still be able to grab any oncoming enemy with ease and chuck it back at the oncoming onslaught making any enemy a useable weapon. For those that prefer the melee approach, even the censored ship will still pack a punch, letting players knock out oncoming enemies.
Freedom Finger - Censored Mode
Navigating players through the otherworldly experience of Freedom Finger is the stellar and foul-mouthed cast of characters voiced by John DiMaggio, Nolan North, Sam Reigel, and Eric Bauza. The diatribe between characters brings a crispness to the game but also a fair share of bleep-worthy language. In keeping with the comedic stylings of the game, Wide Right Interactive has given the dialogue in Freedom Finger's censored mode the rated-r movie gets played on daytime television treatment with hilarious results.
Freedom Finger's censored mode will be available for players looking for a slightly less expletive-laden gaming experience with the game's launch later this fall. Players looking to go forth and afflict freedom can look forward to the game's closed beta coming early August.
A list of features include:
- Rhythm-based gameplay, enemies, bosses, and events are synced to the music
- Over 30 hand-drawn levels and 12 different worlds
- A blend of melee and shoot 'em up combat, every enemy is a weapon, grab, toss, punch, and shoot your way through space
- Highly satirical story-line chocked full of hot button topics
- Choose your own difficulty, sit back and enjoy the music or crank up the difficulty for butt-clenching action
- A stellar cast featuring the voices of Nolan North, John DiMaggio, Sam Riegel, and Eric Bauza
- Jam-packed soundtrack with music from Aesop Rock, Red Fang, Power Trip, Com Truise, The Radio Dept, METZ, and many more