Bordeaux - July 24th 2019 - Manufacture 43, a France Indie developer, releases today the colour rippling, Rock-Paper-Scissors styled, challenging, eye-popping, adrenalin shooter, Pawarumi, on Nintendo Switch ($14.99,/14.99/13.49) and Microsoft Xbox One ($14.99,/14.99/13.49).
A retro-styled shooter offering strategic appeal, requiring lightning-fast reflexes, forethought, and precision hand to eye coordination. Pawarumi delivers a mammoth sense of accomplishment when successful.
Best described as Rock-Paper-Scissors with lasers, Pawarumi is a shoot'em up set in a 3D futuristic, yet pre-Columbian, inspired universe. In the game, players utilise a powerful mechanic called the Trinity. With this the three basic weapons are controlled by coloured divinities - Condor (laser) is blue, Serpent (Gatling gun) is green and Jaguar (missiles) is red.
Each enemy in the game is powered by the same divinities. If players target them with any colour, one of the three bonuses of the Trinity comes into effect - Boost, Drain or Crush - depending on the colour combination. Mastering them opens up tactical possibilities.
Daniel Borges, Manufacture 43, "Today is the day gamers all around the globe will finally get to enjoy and master the powers of our Trinity Mechanic. By carefully healing, charging their super attack and crushing enemies, I sincerely hope to see players climb up the leaderboards and show us scores we never expected!"
"Three years have passed since we started thinking about making a simple shoot'em up. Quickly we started dreaming of a more epic and stunning game. We set a plan in motion that yielded today's original, tactical and very surprising experience that is Pawarumi. I'm very proud of it."
Features to Check Out
- Three difficulty settings, each with its own alternate storyline.
- The difficulty curve is designed to guide new players from Easy through to Hard.
- Players have three weapons; the Red Jaguar Missiles, the Green Serpent Gatling Gun and Blue Condor Laser.
- Unique game mechanic easy to learn, deviously hard to master, coordinating and matching colours to your enemy to achieve victory.
- Appealing vibrant art and graphics.
- The Nintendo Switch version of Pawarumi has a unique ship, the Joyful, that adopts the colours of your Joy-Con
- Peruvian inspired electro-metal OST by G4F Records
About Manufacture 43
Based in Bordeaux, France, Manufacture 43 is an indie developer on a mission. Largely self-funded but with notable support from the Centre National du Cinema, the Region Nouvelle-Aquitaine and a successful Kickstarter Campaign, the team are concentrating on developing Pawarumi for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.