SEATTLE - July 12, 2019 - Materia Collective is excited to make available the Rend (Original Game Soundtrack) by composer Neal Acree. Acree-best known for scoring some of the biggest videogame franchises in the world-digs deep into Nordic myth with intimate instrumentals and stunning vocals by Einar Selvik and Celica Soldream. The grandiose fantasy soundtrack spans close to an hour of music and makes for a perfect accompaniment to the sprawling adventure featuring team-based survival gameplay. Rend (Original Game Soundtrack) is now available wherever digital music is sold:
Rend (Original Game Soundtrack) on All Storefronts
"As the players start out in the afterlife with nothing and have to craft survival tools with the elements around them I found myself reaching for older and less refined sounding instruments like the hardanger fiddle, hurdy gurdy, viola da gamba and nyckelharpa," explains composer Neal Acree. "The resonant qualities of these instruments gave the feeling of ancient machines built out of wood and string. My favorite part about working on this soundtrack was getting to collaborate with Einar Selvik of the Norwegian folk band Wardruna. Einar not only provided some incredibly powerful vocals for a few of the songs but also set them to old Norse poetry. We were also able to record the City of Prague Philharmonic as well as more Celtic-influenced instruments and Bulgarian choir. In the end this score isn't about one place or one cultural influence. It borrows from cultures around the world and gives them an otherworldly setting."
Materia Collective will also release a physical edition CD in a four-panel digipak with a booklet to include session photos, liner notes, credits, and lyrics. A beautiful 2xLP in Rune Blue Color Mix (a semi translucent, hand-poured combination of blues), gatefold jacket with glossy finish and debossed logo, and printed sleeves for the records with session photos, liner notes, and credits is also available.
About Neal Acree
Neal Acree is a BAFTA nominated composer whose work includes the massively popular videogame franchises Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, and Revelation Online, television shows like Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis as well as over 30 feature films. Best known for his emotionally charged cinematic scores and fan favorite game themes like "A World Divided" and "Nightsong" from World of Warcraft, "The Chosen" from Revelation and the "Victory" theme from Overwatch, Neal's music has inspired countless covers from fans around the world.
Learn more: http://www.nealacree.com/
Follow Neal Acree on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
About Materia Collective
Materia Collective is a Seattle-based videogame music publisher and label, representing an international array of renowned video game musicians, composers, and songwriters. The collective supports its members with the financial, legal, logistical, and creative aspects of bringing videogame music into the forefront. The company has become known within the industry as a representation of highly innovative game music endeavors that move and inspire.
Latest News Posts
- New Switch refresh has 9 hours battery life, same specs
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access