Dell Debuts 10.1-inch Latitude 2100 Netbook for Education
Dell today brings Latitude 2100 to little students and their activities in class. The new Latitude 2100 netbook is also well suited for any business or public institution that needs affordable, durable, Internet-ready devices for e-mail and collaboration. It harbors traditional netbook internals, with kid-friendly design, along with options for a carrying handle, shoulder strap, antimicrobial keyboard, and even a touchscreen LCD. A 10.1-inch LCD screen, an Intel Atom N270 CPU and a choice of three operating systems - Microsoft Windows XP Home, Vista Home Basic or Linux Ubuntu - give live to the netbook. Standard models come with a 3-cell battery and weight 1.32 kg. The base Latitude 2100 configuration retails now at $369.
- Dell believes every child should have access to the world of knowledge beyond the classroom
- The new Latitude 2100 is influenced by the needs of K-12 students - 'student rugged' design offered in five colors with wireless connectivity that can be monitored by educators with a network activity light
- Optional touchscreen is a first for education netbooks
- Custom-built Mobile Computing Station equips classrooms with a cart to store, manage and network up to 24 netbooks with one Ethernet and power cord
- The Latitude 2100 will also appeal to other public-sector and enterprise customers looking for a netbook for uses from employee training to order fulfillment, or wanting secondary systems for their workforces
- Backed by Dell's award-winning business-class service and support - including optional onsite services
Dell believes every child should have the opportunity and tools to learn the skills necessary to succeed in the digital world. Critical to this is the availability of technology designed for the unique needs of K-12 students, teachers and school administrators. Today, Dell set a new standard in education technology with the launch of a netbook influenced by the needs of K-12 students, the Latitude 2100. The Latitude 2100 is also ideal for any business or public institution that needs affordable, durable, Internet-ready devices for e-mail and collaboration.
Inspired by close cooperation with hundreds of students, teachers, parents and administrators, Dell designers created a purpose-built education netbook that focuses on what's most important - learning. The Latitude 2100 is part of Dell's connected classroom ? innovative technology products, services, software and training that make learning in the digital age a reality. With the Latitude 2100, students can access enhanced learning resources and digital content on a school network or via the Internet. As a result, the Latitude 2100 blends into student life, from lesson plans to homework, increasing time spent learning versus managing technology.
The Latitude 2100 has unique features for schools like bright primary colors and a more rugged, 'rubberized' design that is easier for children to carry and use safely. It also offers wireless connectivity that can be monitored by the teacher with a Network Activity Light on the netbook lid. An optional touchscreen is a first for an education netbook and makes the Latitude 2100 a perfect choice for enhanced student interaction, assessment, and for special education teaching. The Latitude 2100 also offers administrators a range of services making it easier to deploy and manage.
Additional options include: a keyboard featuring antimicrobial protection (U.S. only), solid-state drives, quick-connect handles and shoulder straps for carrying, and a webcam. The Latitude 2100 is backed by Dell's award-winning business service and support.
The Latitude 2100 extends Dell's Latitude range and joins the Latitude XT tablet and fully rugged Latitude E6400 XFR as systems designed to meet the exacting needs of customers across a range of private and public-sector organizations with specific mobile computing requirements. Enterprises and public-sector customers looking for a business-class netbook will be attracted to the Latitude 2100 for activities ranging from employee training to order fulfillment or when a secondary system is required by their workforce.
- The "student-rugged" Latitude 2100 is designed to absorb the daily bumps and bruises of a crowded playground or backpack.
- Offered in five colors - School Bus Gold, Chalkboard Black, Ball Field Green, Blue Ribbon and Schoolhouse Red- the Latitude 2100 comes with a 10.1-inch screen and a unique "four-square-ball-style" rubber casing, making it easy for little hands to grip the netbook.
- The system is available with a personalized window on the back of the battery pack where the school logo or name can be displayed, allowing schools to personalize or easily identify systems.
- Equipped with a wireless communication suite and optional webcam, the Latitude 2100 enables productive days filled with collaboration, exploration and easy uploading of assignments. A Network Activity Light on the lid helps teachers monitor network use and identify students who may be surfing the Internet.
The Latitude 2100 also includes:
- Choice of XP Home, Vista Home Basic and Linux Ubuntu
- Intel Atom processor N270
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity coupled with a full suite of wireless communication options
- 2.91lb (1.32kg) starting at weight with 3-cell battery
- Hard or solid state drives for increased durability
- Three-cell or six-cell battery
- Three-in-one Media Card Reader
- Optional External DVD+/-RW via USB
- VGA port
- Clean bottom is vent-free to avoid any intrusion from spills Options: webcam and a keyboard featuring antimicrobial protection (U.S. only)
Key management features can allow IT administrators to lower overall ownership cost and speed up deployment:
- More durable design that means a longer product life
- Remote management for easier administration
- Dell ImageDirect where systems can be delivered with pre-installed software and the school's specific network image (U.S. only)
- Hardware Customization helps reduce deployment time by configuring software straight from the factory (U.S. only). This reduces the need for the administrator to physically touch the system and speeds up getting it in the hands of the students. Coming soon in the U.S., the Latitude 2100 is available with a Mobile Computing Station that equips classrooms with a cart to store securely, manage and network up to 24 netbooks with one Ethernet and power cord.
By partnering with Dell we've seen first-hand how technology access can transform the learning environment and impact student achievement," said Michael Taylor, Director of Technology, Avon Community Schools, Avon, Indiana. "The ability to connect students, teachers, parents, and administrators is critical to learning in the digital age and the Latitude 2100 is designed specifically to meet these needs."
"The Latitude 2100 shows that Dell thinks about, cares about, and designs products with education in mind," said Paul Bell, president of Dell's global public sector division. "This system is an extension of our efforts to support educators as they transform technology access in classrooms worldwide. We will continue to respond quickly to their needs and work with governments to deliver technology that modernizes education, excites students and arms them with the skills they need to succeed in the digital age."
"Dell is setting a new standard for netbooks with the Latitude 2100." said Todd Forsythe, vice president of product marketing. "The Latitude 2100 is a purpose-designed netbook for students. In addition to being popular with education institutions, we also expect the business-class design features of the Latitude 2100 to interest other public institutions and private enterprises as it delivers a unique offering to the netbook market."
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human PC specs reveal Vulkan API, no DirectX
- PUBG addiction in India sees 6-hour daily limit imposed
- DICE unveils Battlefield V roadmap, lots of goodies in 2019
- Unreal Engine's new real-time destruction tech looks INSANE
- Samsung's new HBM2E enables up to 64GB VRAM at 1.64TB/sec
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD