EDISON, NEW JERSEY - July 8, 2019 - The delightful 2D open world adventure Forager is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment retail with a special package including an exclusive poster and stickers. Courtesy of distributor Nighthawk Interactive, the retail edition will be available in North America on Sept. 10 for $29.99 and in Europe on Sept. 13 with equivalent pricing. Pre-orders are available now through GameStop (Nintendo Switch, PlayStationÃ,Â®), and coming soon to retailers including Amazon, Best Buy and Target.
From developer HopFrog and publisher Humble Bundle, Forager allows players to explore and establish themselves in the world in their own unique playstyle. The free-form upgrade system allows players to customize their experience, focusing on or balancing between pursuits of farming, foraging, dungeoneering, archeology, combat, puzzle-solving and base-building. With a slew of biomes to traverse, non-playable characters (NPCs) to interact with and random events to encounter, Forager offers myriad experiences to keep players engaged in the world.
In Forager, players can:
- Become an Adventurer - With four distinct old-school dungeons to raid, players can face mighty bosses solo or with the help of NPCs, and seek out puzzles and hidden treasure chests filled with blueprints and goodies. Leveling up to learn new skills and abilities and unlocking new weapon recipes will help the intrepid adventurer.
- Become a Farmer - Players can cultivate vegetables, flowers, fruit, strange herbs and even rocks and minerals with the right tactics. Animals can become part of the family, too, as players pet, feed and take care of animals to win over their animals' deepest loyalties through the Love System.
- Become a Gatherer - All sorts of resources, consumables and materials are available for players to forage, fish, mine, hunt, dig and farm across various biomes. The rarest discoveries can be turned in at the local Museum to showcase and earn special rewards.
- Become a Merchant - Forager is full of resources to exploit. Players can sell everything, buy more things, and then sell those things at a profit and manufacture an empire through trade and aggressive expansion.
- Become a Builder - All the land is the player's foundation, ripe for building and growing a base out of nothing. Players can purchase land to design and decorate whatever base fits their preference, whether that be a serene farm, industrial hub, defensive fortress, or cozy cottage.
- Become... [fill in the blank] - The world of Forager is a playground for player's choice. Anyone can set their own goals and work towards them.
Forager is coming to North American retail stores on Sept. 10 and to European retailers on Sept. 13 for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 system, with an exclusive poster and stickers. Pre-orders are open now for both platforms, priced at $29.99, with equivalent pricing in Europe. The game is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.