LOS ANGELES (June 27, 2019) - Stemming from one of the biggest E3 appearances in SQUARE ENIX history, today the company announced that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE earned three honors, including Best of Show, Best Console Game and Best RPG, from the Best of E3 2019 Game Critics, an independent group of more than 60 global media and influencer outlets. FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers, which launches on July 2, 2019, also earned a nomination for Best Ongoing Game.
In addition to awards and nominations from the Game Critics, Square Enix games collected more than 170 awards and nominations from global publications that attended E3 2019, including:
- FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre picked up 80+ global awards and nominations including Best of Show from E3 2019 Game Critics Awards, Nerdist's Editor's Choice Award and USgamer's Game of the Show.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is the next chapter in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. Players will become the Warrior of Darkness and travel across the rift to the First, experiencing a thrilling story and new challenges. The game won six awards, including Best of E3 from GameSpot.
- DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2, the follow up title to the critically acclaimed DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS, won the Best of E3 from MonsterVine and received a nomination for Editor's Choice from CGMagazine.
- Trials of Mana is the full high definition remake of the third entry in the Mana series, previously released in Japan in 1995 as Seiken Densetsu 3. The game received a nomination for Editor's Choice from CGMagazine.
For related press assets, please visit: press.na.square-enix.com.
Social Media Channels
- SQUARE ENIX (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Discord)
- FINAL FANTASY (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Online (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- TRIALS OF MANA (Twitter, Facebook)
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS and TAITO branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 144 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER, which has sold over 74 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com/.