Global IP Solutions Co-Sponsors the HD Communications Summit as HD Voice Adoption Increases in the Workplace
HD Communications Summit May 21, New York, to Raise Awareness of the HD Voice Movement
San Francisco - May 18, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, announced it is sponsoring the HD Communications Summit in New York on Thursday, May 21. The HD Communications Summit will be exploring the issues and benefits associated with the widespread deployment of HD VoIP.
GIPS' Vice President of Engineering, Dr. Jan Linden will lead a key presentation that will provide an in-depth analysis on the expanding HD codec space and how to navigate the minefield of choices and the factors that differentiate the quality of HD voice.
The conference, produced by VoIP pioneer Jeff Pulver, is being held at New World Stages in New York City. "HD voice holds great promise as the future for VoIP," said Jeff Pulver. "Global IP Solutions (GIPS) is a pioneer in the VoIP space and we're pleased to see them contribute to the summit as we bring GIPS and other VoIP luminaries together to bring forward the vision of high definition VoIP."
"We're excited to be part of this important event, which will shed light on the opportunities associated with widely deploying HD voice over IP networks, from enterprise telephone lines, PCs, home phones and mobile devices," said Jan Linden. "Wideband codecs are an integral part of providing HD voice but the inherent problem of packet loss, jitter and echo on IP networks also needs to be resolved to successfully enable HD voice. Resolving all these issues in addition to selecting the appropriate wideband codecs will enable carriers, mobile phone manufacturers and application developers to deliver an HD voice experience that brings tangible economic benefits to them and their customers."
To register for the HD Communications Summit and hear what GIPS has to say about the topic, visit https://www.hdcomms.com/
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes Citrix, CommuniGate, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, Samsung, Tencent, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit https://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard