Global IP Solutions Co-Sponsors the HD Communications Summit as HD Voice Adoption Increases in the Workplace
HD Communications Summit May 21, New York, to Raise Awareness of the HD Voice Movement
San Francisco - May 18, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, announced it is sponsoring the HD Communications Summit in New York on Thursday, May 21. The HD Communications Summit will be exploring the issues and benefits associated with the widespread deployment of HD VoIP.
GIPS' Vice President of Engineering, Dr. Jan Linden will lead a key presentation that will provide an in-depth analysis on the expanding HD codec space and how to navigate the minefield of choices and the factors that differentiate the quality of HD voice.
The conference, produced by VoIP pioneer Jeff Pulver, is being held at New World Stages in New York City. "HD voice holds great promise as the future for VoIP," said Jeff Pulver. "Global IP Solutions (GIPS) is a pioneer in the VoIP space and we're pleased to see them contribute to the summit as we bring GIPS and other VoIP luminaries together to bring forward the vision of high definition VoIP."
"We're excited to be part of this important event, which will shed light on the opportunities associated with widely deploying HD voice over IP networks, from enterprise telephone lines, PCs, home phones and mobile devices," said Jan Linden. "Wideband codecs are an integral part of providing HD voice but the inherent problem of packet loss, jitter and echo on IP networks also needs to be resolved to successfully enable HD voice. Resolving all these issues in addition to selecting the appropriate wideband codecs will enable carriers, mobile phone manufacturers and application developers to deliver an HD voice experience that brings tangible economic benefits to them and their customers."
To register for the HD Communications Summit and hear what GIPS has to say about the topic, visit https://www.hdcomms.com/
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes Citrix, CommuniGate, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, Samsung, Tencent, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit https://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard