SEATTLE, JUNE 10th, 2019 - Outerloop Games has announced during the Kinda Funny Games E3 Showcase that everyone's favorite gif/meme generator Falcon Age will arrive on the Epic Games Store later this summer, again playable in Non VR and VR, with or without motion controllers. The title is one of the first VR titles to come to the Epic's new store and will be playable with the Oculus Rift, Rift S, HTC Vive, and Valve Index. The game will also be coming to PC with new content including a new combat and balance pass, bird skins, and overall quality of life improvements.
In this first-person single-player action adventure, players will take on the role of Ara and learn to hunt, gather, and fight to reclaim her cultural legacy in the lost art of falcon hunting against a force of automated colonizers.
The game starts on a dying colony planet with its culture destroyed, resourced depleted, and turned into a desert by machine invaders. Ara's been wrongfully thrown in jail for a minor infraction. While she awaits her fate in a lonely cell, she passes the time by befriending a young falcon. Together they escape and set off on an adventure to help the resistance reclaim their freedom and drive off the invaders.
- Take back your life: Rebel against robot colonisers and reclaim your culture
- Bond with a bird companion: Name, pet, feed, teach, and dress up your falcon.
- Hunt with your falcon: Various animals roam the land and can be hunted for precious materials.
- Craft falcon snacks: Farm, hunt, and cook snacks to feed, buff, heal and strengthen your falcon
- Accessorize your falcon: Make your falcon look dreamy with different hats and scarves. -also equipment for gameplay like sonar and armor.
- Fight robot colonisers: Use your trusty stun baton to fight off drones and robots with the help of your falcon.
About Outerloop Games
Outerloop Games was founded in 2017 by former Uber Entertainment industry veterans with traditional and VR experience. Falcon Age will be the new studio's first game. Outerloop also has a few collaborators under its wing, including Falcon Age writers Cassandra Khaw (Sunless Skies, Wasteland 3) and Meg Jayanth (80 Days, Horizon: Zero Dawn).