Pegasys Announces TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in SpursEngine is Now Available
Technology Yields up to 588% Faster Processing Speeds for High Definition Video Encoding
Gardena, CA - May 13, 2009 - Pegasys, Inc. (http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com) the company that makes digital video easy, announces the availability of the TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in SpursEngine for TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. The new Movie Plug-in enables high-speed, hardware H.264 and MPEG-2 encoding on devices embedded with the SpursEngine Media Streaming Processor from Toshiba®. The Plug-in requires TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress and a supported SpursEngine(TM) device. A trial download and more information can be found at http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp_spurs.html. The full version of the TMPGEnc Movie Plug-In SpursEngine is available now for $49.95 or can be purchased along with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress for $149.90.
"Now you can test the incredible processing speeds achieved with SpursEngine video technology and our award-winning TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress software free for two weeks. With this technology you can upscale standard video to a better, higher resolution video. If you have an NVIDIA CUDA graphics card you can experience the fastest speeds available today. TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress plus Toshiba's SpursEngine technology is the ultimate combination for H.264 and MPEG-2 processing available today," commented Tak EBINE, Pegasys CEO.
Toshiba's SpursEngine, a co-processor that uses four Synergistic Processing Element (SPE) cores based on the "Cell Broadband Engine", offers high-speed calculations to perform the huge number of processes to transcode/encode standard video into crystal clear 1920×1080 High Definition (HD) video. It offers high performance media streaming, with a fast clock frequency of 1.5GHz, and an ultra-low power consumption range of 10W to 20W. It can also off-load decoding and encoding of MPEG-2 and H.264 from the CPU to SpursEngine devices. Currently supported devices with SpursEngine include the upcoming LeadTek WinFast PxVC1100 transcoding card, Canopus' FIRECODER Blu card and select Toshiba Qosmio series laptop computers.
The ultimate combination of TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in SpursEngine and TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress allows users to take control of the encoder circuits included in the SpursEngine and experience incredible output processing speeds even with the CPU demanding tasks such as high-definition video processing. In addition, everything that the SpursEngine cannot do, such as audio encoding or video and audio multiplexing, is performed by TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Users that also have an NVIDIA CUDA graphics card can see a total speed increase of up to 588%. See product webpage for benchmark details.
About PEGASYS Inc.
PEGASYS Inc. makes digital video easy. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, PEGASYS was established in November 2001 with the release of TMPGEnc Plus -- probably the world's most popular MPEG-1/2 video encoding software and at the time, was the only freeware video encoder. The company's two flagship products, the TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress video encoder and the new TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, anchor a strong line of retail and OEM digital video editing and encoding products for home and professional users.
The recognized leaders in developing quality video encoding tools for MPEG applications, PEGASYS Inc.'s encoding technology is also incorporated into numerous commercial and professional video editing and DVD-creation software products. PEGASYS technologies have been bundled with quality products from top worldwide manufacturers, including Sony Japan and Pioneer. For information about PEGASYS Inc. and its products, visit the company's website at https://www.pegasys-inc.com.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit