Lightmatter is a first-person puzzle game where shadows kill you. Imagine "the floor is lava" but with shadows. Players have to use different light sources to their advantage. The game tells a sci-fi story about a maniac inventor who has created the ultimate power source called "Lightmatter". As a player, you are investigating his facility to try and understand what's going on.
The game draws inspiration from classics such as The Talos Principle, Portal, The Turing Test and Antichamber.
Unique Selling Points:
- "The floor is lava" but with shadows that kill you!
- Use lateral thinking to solve mind-bending puzzles with lights and shadows
- Gameplay takes common aesthetic elements in games - lights and shadows - and use them as an active game mechanic
- Compelling sci-fi narrative, with a twist of dark humour
- Full voice-acting delivered by famous voice actor David Bateson
- Topical narrative about alternative energy sources, involving a mad scientist/inventor (inspired by Elon Musk)
- Unique comicbook style with gloomy sci-fi atmosphere
- Won the award "Most Innovative Game" at Casual Connect in Amsterdam
- Developed by 6-man indie studio Tunnel Vision Games, based in Aalborg, Denmark
- Release: PC and Consoles, late 2019
- Website: http://tunnelvisiongames.com/
- Discord server: https://discord.gg/lightmatter
- Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/994140/Lightmatter/