SAN FRANCISCO-May 23, 2019: Choice of Games announced today that "Fool!," the latest in their popular line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available on Steam, iOS, and Android. It's 30% off until May 30th.
Jest your way from obscurity to royal acclaim as the King's pet, beloved by all! As a talented young court fool with dreams of fame, scrabble with other young jesters to secure prestigious positions in the courts of Brenton's nobility. In a royal court humming with intrigue, keep them smiling as spies, assassins, blackmailers, ambitious nobles and a reluctant Heir wait in the wings.
"Fool!" is a 420,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Ben Rovik. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Dive-roll into the tightrope world of Brenton's courtly entertainers, where your jests can see you seated at the right hand of power, or set down to the gallows.
What manner of fool are you: the shrewd knave ever ready with a venomous quip? The renowned artiste at pains to stay above the political fray? The bawdy buffoon known as much for off-stage antics as on-stage mirth? Or the clever counselor whose real audience is the noble ear they whisper into? Face unruly audiences onstage and skulduggerous schemers in the wings! Can you sling keen jests and still evade the whipping-post and assassin's blade? The kingdom itself will be shaped by your choices!
- Play as male, female, non-binary; gay, straight, bi or ace.
- Evade tossed produce, whippings, assassins and the stocks with your wit and quick feet!
- Battle a lifelong rival for artistic glory within a secret society of writers and gadflys!
- Train your pet ape to master prodigious feats, or at least to stop biting you!
- Mediate between nobles to forge compromise; or stir them up to your own advantage!
- Partner with fellow thespians to win friends, or upstage them to win glory!
- Balance your passion for the limelight with your passion for ...passion!
- When the Master calls, you'd do well to come running-with bells on!
About Choice of Games:
Choice of Games was founded by Dan Fabulich and Adam Strong-Morse in 2009. They produce text-based interactive novels for mobile platforms and the web, combining the delicious freedom of the 1980s' choose-a-path gamebooks with the depth and scope of a bestselling novel.
In addition to developing their own games in-house, Choice of Games has created an easy-to-use programming language for writing text-based games, ChoiceScript, and publishes games written by other designers.
Latest News Posts
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - 30FPS lock on all consoles
- GOG releases GOG GALAXY 2 into open beta with new features
- Toy Story 4 goes to infinity, and beyond in opening weekend
- Apple 16-inch MacBook Pro rumors: new CPU, high-res display
- Paris wants flying taxis ready for 2024 Paris Olympics
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Silicon Power Bolt B75 Pro Portable SSD Review
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4TB Review
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- track pad stops responding
- Exploding Babies - a surreal arena blaster releases Reveal Trailer
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator aims at consoles and VR goggles
- Zoo 2: Animal Park hits 5 million mark
- Dungeon of Dragon Knight-A Retro Dungeon Crawler game
- PUBG Europe League Phase 2 Delivers High-Calibre Thrills