AMD Releases WHQL Certified Graphics Driver For Windows 7 on Day One of Windows 7 Logo Program
-WHQL certification delivers the stamp of approval to AMD graphics drivers, ensuring that the combination of ATI Radeon graphics cards and drivers delivers an incredibly stable, high-performance Windows 7 experience-
Sydney, Australia - May 8, 2009 - Underlining the company's leadership in developing hardware and drivers to support the Windows® 7 operating system, AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced that its Windows 7 driver has received Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) certification on the first day of the certifying program.
WHQL certification sets a high bar for quality and reliability, and is considered essential by many home and business users.
WHQL certification demonstrates AMD's ability to deliver the stability, incredible 3D game performance and smooth multimedia playback needed in order to help bring the new features of Windows 7 to life.
As a testament to its ongoing commitment to reliability and stability, AMD is the only graphics hardware company in the world delivering monthly WHQL-certified graphics driver updates.
For users of ATI Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series products, the ATI Catalyst software suite delivers:
Industry-leading driver stability and reliability.
Full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7.
Scheduled performance and new feature innovation every month.
Enablement of ATI Stream technology for general purpose GPU (GPGPU) computing on supported graphics cards.
"By delivering a WHQL certified driver for the Windows 7 operating system at the earliest possible opportunity, AMD has once again demonstrated its driver leadership," said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, Software Engineering, AMD. "AMD is working closely with Microsoft to ensure superior performance and a reliable Windows 7 experience throughout our line of graphics processors."
Microsoft WHQL certified graphics drivers for Windows 7 are scheduled for release on AMD.com on May 5, 2009, and a fully unified WHQL-certified driver supporting Windows Vista and Windows 7 is planned for the release of ATI Catalyst 9.5 later in May.
To learn more about the first AMD WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7, please visit https://www.amd.com
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
©2009, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Catalyst, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit