AMD Releases WHQL Certified Graphics Driver For Windows 7 on Day One of Windows 7 Logo Program
-WHQL certification delivers the stamp of approval to AMD graphics drivers, ensuring that the combination of ATI Radeon graphics cards and drivers delivers an incredibly stable, high-performance Windows 7 experience-
Sydney, Australia - May 8, 2009 - Underlining the company's leadership in developing hardware and drivers to support the Windows® 7 operating system, AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced that its Windows 7 driver has received Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) certification on the first day of the certifying program.
WHQL certification sets a high bar for quality and reliability, and is considered essential by many home and business users.
WHQL certification demonstrates AMD's ability to deliver the stability, incredible 3D game performance and smooth multimedia playback needed in order to help bring the new features of Windows 7 to life.
As a testament to its ongoing commitment to reliability and stability, AMD is the only graphics hardware company in the world delivering monthly WHQL-certified graphics driver updates.
For users of ATI Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series products, the ATI Catalyst software suite delivers:
Industry-leading driver stability and reliability.
Full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7.
Scheduled performance and new feature innovation every month.
Enablement of ATI Stream technology for general purpose GPU (GPGPU) computing on supported graphics cards.
"By delivering a WHQL certified driver for the Windows 7 operating system at the earliest possible opportunity, AMD has once again demonstrated its driver leadership," said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, Software Engineering, AMD. "AMD is working closely with Microsoft to ensure superior performance and a reliable Windows 7 experience throughout our line of graphics processors."
Microsoft WHQL certified graphics drivers for Windows 7 are scheduled for release on AMD.com on May 5, 2009, and a fully unified WHQL-certified driver supporting Windows Vista and Windows 7 is planned for the release of ATI Catalyst 9.5 later in May.
To learn more about the first AMD WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7, please visit https://www.amd.com
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
©2009, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Catalyst, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Latest News Posts
- Fry Cry New Dawn story trailer - 'The Father' is now an ally
- Metro Exodus has transforming guns
- Anthem is finalized and ready for shipment
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Resident Evil 2 Remake launch imminent, NEW trailer release
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Frontline Workers Frequently Turn to Unapproved Messaging Apps for Work-Related Communications, Unbeknownst to HR
- Tactical Guild Management 'Guilds of Delenar' Coming to Steam Early Access in March
- Nokia to publish fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 report on January 31, 2019
- Miasma Caves Explores Steam Early Access Today
- Alternate Between Two Parallel Universes to Help a Girl Retrieve Her Memories in REHTONA