Austin, Texas - 4/26/19: Austin game developer Rusty Moyher of Wild Rooster today released his action rougelike platformer, Dig Dog, on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Set in a strange abstract world inhabited by creatures of the night, in Dig Dog players control a small dog who searches each level for a bone. The game employs a simple, expressive control scheme: run, dig, drop, jump or dash using only the control stick and one button.
"Dig Dog is all about creative digging. I love destructive environments. You can pretty much dig up a whole level if you want. Although that can be quite dangerous," said developer Rusty Moyher. "On a personal note, Dig Dog was the first game I've programmed and drawn without using my hands. It was a challenge to make the game this way and I'm quite relieved that it's now complete."
View the Developer Intro + Behind the Scenes video:
Moyher has a repetitive stress injury (R.S.I.) in his hands that limits the amount of time he can use a keyboard and mouse. Dig Dog was programmed by voice using a microphone and speech recognition software. A made-up spoken vocabulary was created and used to speed up the creation process. The art was all drawn using a hat with a reflector combined with an infrared camera to control the mouse. Though this process lengthened the development time, it allowed Moyher to work much longer than he could using his hands.
Key features include:
- Forge your own path as you creatively tunnel through each level.
- Travel to new worlds! Uncover stranger and more dangerous environments.
- Hunt for bones and treasure as you dive deeper.
- Discover shops and buy items, but don't get too greedy!
- Keep sniffing out bones to unlock a variety of color themes.
- A thumpin' 8-bit soundtrack you'll surely dig.
- Press Kit: http://rustymoyher.com/press/sheet.php?p=dig_dog
- Nintendo eShop: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dig-dog-switch
- Webpage: http://rustymoyher.com/digdog
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/rustym
- Email: email@example.com
- Hands-Free Creation: https://bit.ly/2H6i1HQ
Play this bone digging adventure today: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dig-dog-switch/
Last updated: Sep 25, 2019 at 05:39 pm CDT