London, United Kingdom - April 24th, 2019 - Leap into action and discover nature as independent developer Chameleon Games announce Tamarin, a third-person action-adventure game set in beautiful Nordic scenery, starring the world's cutest monkey. Pollution and destruction from ever-expanding insects sets the agile monkey into a fight for his family's survival. Scheduled for release on PlayStation 4 and PC this summer, Tamarin channels the energy of 3D platformer classics and explorative Metroidvania shooters, hand-crafted by a team which includes an all-star cast of veterans from Rare's golden era.
Explore an incredible interconnected 3D world, brimming with primate platforming and bug-splattering shooter action. Leap with the agility of a tamarin as you journey into the Northern wilderness on scenic routes through forests, fjords and mountains. Along the way you will chase mysterious electrical fireflies, discover a secret underground world of dancing ants, rescue innocent birds, and restore the tamarins' once idyllic natural habitat.
Tamarin is directed by Omar Sawi, who has brought on an all-star cast from Rare's golden era to help execute his creative vision for Tamarin and recapture the style and magical experiences they were famous for. Creators of iconic characters such as Diddy Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, and Battletoads are responsible for Tamarin's concept art, pre-production and character design. Donkey Kong 64 artist Richard Vaucher leads the art production and provides energetic, responsive animations. Donkey Kong Country composer David Wise adds to the atmosphere with compositions of melodic beauty and a brand-new style of catchy industrial beats. This is complemented by impactful sound effects by action-title veteran Graeme Norgate (GoldenEye 007, Killer Instinct).
"A lot of species are going extinct and their natural habitat is being lost and I've always wished to make a game series inspired by the most wonderful species and scenery on Earth," said Omar Sawi, Founder of Chameleon Games. "Tamarin combines cute characters, beautiful locations, a catchy soundtrack and a combination of fun exploratory platforming and action shooter gameplay into something that appeals to a wide multi-gender demographic."
Tamarin will be available on the PlayStation Store and Steam for PC at $29.99 /22.99 /27.99. A Deluxe Edition that includes the soundtrack will be $39.99 /29.99 /35.99.
Pre-orders are available now on the official Tamarin website, and include the following bonuses:
- 10% off!
- Instant access to free Tamarin wallpapers
- Exclusive first listen to a tune from the game's soundtrack
- Tamarin cheat codes
- Chameleon Games website: https://chameleongames.com/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/chameleongames.ltd
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chameleon_games
About Chameleon Games:
Chameleon Games is an independent games developer and publisher inspired by the wonders of nature to create special moments within the medium of interactive games. The chameleon symbolizes play, nature, color, fun and surprise.
Latest News Posts
- Secretlab's 2020 series raises the gaming chair bar, AGAIN
- Mighty Quest For Epic Loot app pre-orders now available
- League of Legends to go mobile, creation already under way
- Game of Thrones writer poached for Lord of the Rings TV show
- Fully mobile Steam Chat messaging app available for download
- PNY Elite 512GB microSD Review
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!
- Plugable USB-C Cube Docking Station Review
- ASrock Z170 extreme7+ post issues code error 35 and 19
- Fool! - Jest your way from obscurity to royal acclaim!
- Captain Hector Barbossa's Shade Joins the Caribbean
- Acer Announces new Nitro 5 and Swift 3 Notebooks Powered by 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors
- Global Mobile ESports Event, Summoners War World Arena Championship, Held For 3rd Consecutive Year!
- A Perpetual Age Of Darkness Looms As Human Head Studios Announces Viking Action RPG Rune II To Launch Summer 2019