NEW YORK, NY - Sony Music announces the release of DAYS GONE (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK) with music by NATHAN WHITEHEAD (The Purge, He's Out There, Delirium, Keanu). Available Friday, April 19, the soundtrack features music from Days Gone, the upcoming, open-world action game, which launches exclusively on the PlayStationÃƒ,Ã,Â®4 system Friday, April 26. The 25-track collection also includes features from rising artists Jack Savoretti, Billy Raffoul & Zander Reese, as well as "Days Gone Quiet," performed by Scottish singer-songwriter Lewis Capaldi.
Of the soundtrack, composer NATHAN WHITEHEAD says: "The ideas that define the score are the tenacity of the human spirit and the value of relationships. Early in the process John Garvin, creative director at Sony's Bend Studio, described to me how the game isn't simply about surviving, it also examines why we want to survive. When I heard that, I was instantly excited about all the places the music could go. I found it really interesting to be navigating the survival aspect and also this introspective aspect at the same time. The Pacific Northwest setting is absolutely beautiful and it really felt like the score needed to connect to this environment as well. Deacon and the environment seemed to call for an organic, lived-in sound with a touch of Americana."
At its core, Days Gone is about survivors and what makes them human: desperation, loss, madness, betrayal, friendship, brotherhood, regret, love - and hope. It's about how even when confronted with such enormous tragedy they find a reason to live. Hope never dies. You play as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter, traveling through vast and diverse landscapes in the high desert of the Pacific Northwest. In a narrative that begins two years after a global pandemic, Deacon is facing a brutal struggle for survival in hostile environments filled with infected humans and animals known as Freakers.
The threats in Days Gone are dynamic and change with extreme weather and time of day. Trails become muddy in the rain, Freakers become stronger in the snow and more numerous at night, and day brings more ambushes from marauders. Players must consider these variables for each encounter to strategize their approach at each attempt. Many different items and weapons can be crafted using items found in the field, including brutal melee weapons and traps. Customizable weapons and skills offer true freedom in how the game is played.
DAYS GONE (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK)
- 1 Days Gone
- 2 The Freakshow
- 3 We've All Done Things
- 4 Rest in Peace
- 5 Finding NERO
- 6 The Broken Road
- 7 The Rager Bear
- 8 A Good Soldier
- 9 Lost Lake
- 10 I Remember
- 11 Keep Them Safe
- 12 Riding NOMAD
- 13 Promises and Regrets
- 14 You're Safe Now
- 15 What Did You Do?
- 16 Drifting Away
- 17 Sarah's Theme
- 18 Light One Candle
- 19 Never Give Up
- 20 Holy War
- 21 Why We Fight
- 22 Soldier's Eyes (performed by Jack Savoretti)
- 23 Hell or High Water (performed by Billy Raffoul)
- 24 Days Gone Quiet (performed by Lewis Capaldi)
- 25 Yesterday (performed by Zander Reese)
ABOUT NATHAN WHITEHEAD:
Nathan Whitehead's work as a composer, arranger, and producer spans genres from the comedies Keanu and Killing Hasselhoff to the action thrillers The Purge: Election Year and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Recently, he completed scoring the feature films Beyond Skyline and Akiva Goldsman's Stephanie. As a kid in East Tennessee, Nathan rode a sweet bike while replaying the theme from Airwolf in his head.
The world was full of excitement and possibility. Somewhere along these quixotic after-school adventures emerged a nascent thought- music can take you on a journey. Nathan has been committed to this journey ever since. Writing scores for film, TV, and video game projects, Nathan is continually excited to see where the journey leads. Today, Nathan lives with his wife in Los Angeles and continues to ride a sweet bike.
Latest News Posts
- Doom Eternal is built around entertainment, not immersion
- Alienware 55-inch OLED 4K 120Hz gaming monitor taken by UFO
- AMD X590 chipset: more PCIe 4.0 lanes, better overclocking
- Project xCloud is about choice, not replacing consoles
- No Man's Sky fans go above and beyond to thank Hello Games
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- Lenovo Flex 6-14IBK (Kaby Lake-R) Laptop Review
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- Password change
- Cyberpunk 2077 - Keanu Reeves etc!
- Anime-Inspired RPG Knights Chronicle Celebrates First-Year Anniversary With Fan-Favorite Events
- Open-World Survival Game Radiation City Now Available on Nintendo Switch
- Psyon Games revolutionizes health communication with the vaccine mobile game Antidote - becomes appealing for international pharmaceutical companies
- E3 2019: Futuristic 4K Multiplatform Combat Racer, Pacer, Unveils New Track During Live Stream with Twitch