Supermicro Launches 4W and 8W Atom Server Solutions
Super Micro Computer, Inc., a leader in application-optimized, high performance server solutions, today announced the launch of 4-watt and 8-watt Intel Atom processor-based Server Building Block Solutions. These extreme low-power and quiet solutions deliver the best expansion and storage features of any Atom-based platform and are designed for embedded industrial PC (IPC) applications.
These quiet, energy saving solutions make ideal storage and network appliances or print and email servers. In addition, Supermicro's mini-tower chassis with advanced user-friendly design features create a very cost-effective home or office workstation for basic computing including Internet usage, office and educational applications.
"Bringing the low-power consumption advantages of Atom processors to the server appliance market empowers our customers with energy-saving, quiet solutions that provide flexible expansion and storage features previously unattainable with Atom solutions," said Charles Liang, president and CEO of Supermicro.
Optimized for the single-core Atom 230 processor, which consumes only 4 watts of power, Supermicro's cost-effective X7SLA-L platform supports up to four SATA ports with RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10, along with seven USB 2.0 headers, 2 GB DDR2 memory, Intel GMA 950 graphics and a Gigabit Ethernet port. For more performance-intensive applications, the high-end X7SLA-H integrates the dual-core Atom 330 processor, which consumes 8 watts of power and expands upon the features of the X7SLA-L with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, an additional onboard Type A USB 2.0 connector and an extra internal serial port.
Weighing only ten pounds and with a depth of 9.8 inches, Supermicro's mini-sized 5015A SuperServers feature a high-efficiency, quiet power supply, two internal hard drives, and a full-height, half-length expansion card option. The fan-less design of Supermicro's SC502-200B chassis enables silent operation and minimizes system power consumption.
For greater expansion and storage features, Supermicro offers the SuperServer 5035A, which supports four hot-swap drive bays and three add-on cards. This server features a high-efficiency 300-watt power supply that has earned the 80-Plus Bronze level certification for achieving 85%+ power efficiency. The system's mini-tower chassis (SC731i-300B) also includes a host of user-friendly design features for easy installation. These quick-and-easy features include a toolless side panel, toolless drive bays, 90-degree pivoting hard disk drive cage, and stamped motherboard support (no standoffs required). This small footprint server also supports two external 5.25" bays and Kensington lock security to safeguard the system.
Supermicro Server Building Block Solutions offer exceptional flexibility and outstanding features. For more information on Supermicro's comprehensive line of server solutions please visit Supermicro.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Fallout 76 Impressions - An all round learning experience
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6