Stardock is pleased to announce that its new massive-scale tower defense game, Siege of Centauri, is now in Steam Early Access. Early Access is designed to allow fans of the genre to get early input into game mechanics, pacing, and balance.
Set in the Ashes of the Singularity universe, the player takes on the role of defender of Earth's first colony on Proxima Centauri. Stardock's new take on the classic genre comes by leveraging the capabilities its new game engine, first seen in Ashes of the Singularity, and more recently in Star Control: Origins.
"With tens of thousands of enemy machines pouring toward your base, we want to give players a very new experience of what it means to defend themselves against overwhelming odds," said lead designer Derek Paxton. "The benefits between a rail gun that fires one deadly round every ten seconds and a high-speed plasma arc array that does low damage, but to dozens of enemies at once is obvious to players, especially when they see a huge mothership surrounded by hundreds of escorts coming at them."
The veteran strategy game developer is also incorporating some strategic elements to the genre, such as defending resources and deploying fast response teams to battle, providing players with difficult choices about which areas to defend and which areas to let go.
In the early access period for Siege of Centauri, players will:
- Defend Centauri: Gain access to new technologies and fight off enemy invaders from region to region.
- Deploy your Defenses: An arsenal of emergency rapid deployment defenses are at your disposal. Use them in strategic locations to halt the swarm's progress.
- Strike From Above: When all else fails, use your ship's formidable capabilities from orbit to destroy your enemies.
Early Access starts today, and the game is available on Steam for $9.99 or at https://www.siegeofcentauri.com.
Check out the early access trailer here.
If you have any additional questions, would like a game key, or want to set up an interview regarding the game's development, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. You can find more assets in our Press Kit page.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)