Dario Argento's Dreadful Bond, the first game created under the creative direction of famed Italian horror director Dario Argento (Suspiria, Deep Red, Phenomena/Creepers, Opera, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage) today premiered "For Bridget" - a six-minute short film based on the game that sheds light (and shadow) on the gruesome past of Wharton Manor.
Dario Argento's Dreadful Bond (gameplay GIFs): https://imgur.com/a/zrTAi87
"Dreadful Bond is a project that's very close to my themes, to my films, to my dreams." - Dario Argento
Developed on Unreal 4 by Clod Studio, Dario Argento's Dreadful Bond is a first-person psychological horror adventure game where the first victim is your sanity. It all starts (and ends) at the abandoned Wharton Manor, a place that holds the key to both ancient secrets and the memory of recent horrors ...
Wharton Manor is a sprawling, prison-like mansion filled with strange voices, dreamscapes, memories, and shadows - all elements essential to solving the mystery of the Empuros' connection to the atrocious acts committed in this unholy place. Anguish and horror follow the player along an elaborate personal hell - told in a chilling mix of alchemy, mysticism, love, and death.
Composed by Daniele Carmosino, Dreadful Bond's eerie, suspenseful soundtrack guides the player through a fully immersive experience.
To date, Dreadful Bond has raised more than 20% ($15,000 USD) of its funding goal on Kickstarter. The campaign is set to end on April 25 at 3 a.m. Pacific Time.
- First game to feature the original Master of Horror, Dario Argento, as Creative Supervisor.
- Stunning Unreal 4 visuals achieved through advanced photogrammetry techniques.
- Exploration guided by sound and sight alone, where the player sees only through the eyes of the character - without a user interface or hint system.
- Key episodes from the past are reenacted by disturbing shadows on the walls - reflecting the very same shadows that were cast when the original events took place.
- First-person exploration with absolute freedom to investigate every nook and cranny of Wharton Manor.
- Inspired by classic black-and-white giallo horror movies of the '60s and '70s.
Clod Studio is seeking $67,454 USD in completion funds on Kickstarter for Dario Argento's Dreadful Bond. If the crowdfunding campaign is successful, the game is expected to launch in December 2020.