LOS ANGELES - Mar. 22, 2019 - Unveiled at the PUBG MOBILE 1st Anniversary party, PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 (PMCO 2019) marked the start of the long-term and committed partnership by Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation with Vivo to build out a true mobile esports eco-system for the world's most popular mobile game, PUBG MOBILE.
The PMCO 2019 is divided into Spring Split and Fall Split, each with separate prize pool totaling $2.5 million USD. Vivo, the smartphone company, is the official title sponsor of the PMCO 2019, providing smartphones to players and fans during both splits. The Spring Split Global Finals will take place in Germany this July.
Beginning March 22nd, more than 35,000 teams from around the world will compete in the first online qualifiers for the PMCO 2019 Spring Split. The online qualification period ends on March 30th.
PMCO 2019 arrives on the heels of 2018's PUBG MOBILE Star Challenge, a worldwide circuit of tournaments that was watched by more than 230 million online viewers for the Global Finals in Dubai, where the Thai team RRQ Athena took home the Global Championship and $200,000 USD.
For PMCO 2019, 16 teams from across 10 regions (South East Asia, India, the Middle East, North America, South America, Europe, Korea, Japan, China and Wildcard) will compete in the Spring Split Global Finals in Germany. PUBG MOBILE will provide the environment for aspiring semi-pro clubs to eventually become professionals.
More information about PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 can be found here.
PUBG MOBILE is available to download for free on the App Store and Google Play.
PUBG MOBILE is developed by Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation and based on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, the original PC and Xbox One gaming phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to do battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
For more information, please visit the official PUBG MOBILE accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Vivo is a leading global technology company committed to creating trendsetting smart mobile products and services. Vivo is devoted to forming a vibrant mobile internet ecosystem, and currently owns and operates an extensive network of research operations, with R&D centers in the US (San Diego) and China (Dongguan, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Beijing and Hangzhou). These centers focus on the development of cutting-edge consumer technologies including 5G, AI, mobile photography and next-generation smartphone design.
Vivo has over two hundred million users enjoying its mobile products and services around the world. Vivo is present in 18 markets globally and features offline retail stores in over 1,000 cities worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)