Hong Kong - March 18, 2019 - Independent developer and publisher Eastasiasoft Limited today announced that the highly re-playable road-trip adventure Death Road to Canada, developed by Rocketcat Games and published on consoles by UKIYO Publishing, will join the eastasiasoft Limited Edition line-up in Q2/2019.
Death Road to Canada is a chaotic mixture of zombie survival and the Oregon Trail, wrapped up in an action-packed rogue-like adventure! Each time you start a new adventure on the Death Road everything is randomized: locations, events, survivors, items making your crazy new story unique to you! Hack, shoot, or burn your way through hordes of zombies on your way to the safety of Canada!
The physical release of Death Road to Canada will be available for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 systems. The PS4 version will be available as a Limited Edition ($34.99) and the Nintendo Switch version will be available as a Standard Edition ($29.99) or Limited Edition ($39.99). Pre-orders will be available from March 21 from online retailer Playasia.
The Death Road to Canada Limited Edition will contain:
- A physical copy of the game (region free)
- A full-color printed manual
- An original 2CD soundtrack
- An individually numbered collector's certificate
- A collector's box (with a beautifully embossed logo)
- Furthermore, eastasiasoft will publish Death Road to Canada for PS4 digitally on the PlayStation Store in Asia in June 2019. Further details will be revealed shortly.
More details can be found on the Death Road to Canada official website and the online press kit.
About Death Road to Canada:
Control a car full of jerks as they explore cities, recruit weird people, rescue dogs, argue, and face gigantic swarms of slow zombies. Randomly generated for a new story and rare events every time you play!
Death Road is built for replay value. Everything is randomized: locations, events, survivor appearances and personalities. There's a different story every time you play, set in a world that doesn't take itself too seriously.
- Up to 500 zombies can hunt you down at a time. Fight them, squirm past, or run.
- Use the character creator to put yourself, friends, and family in the game.
- Find special and rare events, weapons, and characters with strange abilities.
- Make tough choices in Interactive Fiction events. Get different options and results based on party member traits.
- Tell people to "Cool it."
- Teach a dog how to drive a car.
- 4 player local co-op and control up to 4 characters!
Eastasiasoft Limited is an independent, Hong Kong-based developer and publisher of interactive entertainment specializing in video games and related media. Founded in 2007, eastasiasoft has published a diverse variety of titles in digital and physical format. Eastasiasoft is a licensed PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One publisher. Some of eastasiasoft's recently licensed and published games are Rainbow Skies, Ghost Blade HD, Reverie, Rainbow Moon, and the Soldner-X franchise.
About UKIYO Publishing:
At UKIYO Publishing, we specialise in offering help to indie developers that would like to see their games reach their maximum potential.
Based in London in the UK, our team has worked in the games industry for over a decade and has a proven track record publishing games, as well as helping developers with their project management and development requirements.
About Rocketcat Games:
Rocketcat Games is a small company made up of three people. We make games with a focus on depth, experimenting with familiar mechanics, and hat fashion.
Madgarden is an Indie-pendant developer of eclectic stuff for iOS, Linux, and other platforms. Games, pixels, sounds.
Playasia was established in 2002 and is proud to be the leading independent import and export retailer, specializing in Japanese & Asian video games. By providing outstanding customer experience, a large variety of genuine products, and global fulfillment Playasia has been sending products across the globe for over 15 years.