Sega Licenses NVIDIA PhysX And Apex Technologies For Global Studios
SANTA CLARA, CA-APRIL 28, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation today announced that Sega Corporation has licensed both NVIDIA® PhysX® and APEX technologies to serve as the development platform for all Sega studios. NVIDIA PhysX and APEX technologies form the world's most pervasive development platform for physics acceleration in interactive entertainment, and make authoring high definition, scalable PhysX content intuitive and artist-friendly.
"Sega has been using PhysX technology for several years, but this new agreement enables our studios to take advantage of the full portfolio of cross-platform PhysX engines," said Takashi Shoji, Department Manager, Consumer Software R & D Support Dept., Consumer R&D Division, SEGA Corporation. "APEX was an important factor in our decision because it enables us to create high quality physics content in an easier and more productive manner."
While the NVIDIA PhysX development environment gives developers unprecedented control over the look of their final in-game interactivity, NVIDIA APEX technology takes PhysX technology content creation to the next level. APEX elevates PhysX technology content authoring from physics programmers to artists without sacrificing any of the highly desired control within the PhysX engine. With APEX, artists can create intricate physics enabled environments: they can expand the quantity and visual quality of destructible objects; make trees and other vegetation integral to game play; and create life-like clothing that interacts with other objects to achieve more realism in their games.
NVIDIA PhysX technology works across all major gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox360, PLAYSTATION®3, Nintendo Wii, and the iPhone, and can be accelerated by both the CPU and any CUDA-enabled NVIDIA GPU.
"We are excited to see what the creative minds at Sega will do with the power of our PhysX and APEX technology," said Tony Tamasi, senior vice president of content and technology at NVIDIA. "Sega has a long standing history of developing some of the best games in the industry, and with PhysX they should be able to deliver even more exciting and interactive content."
For more information on NVIDIA PhysX technology, please visit: https://www.nvidia.com/physx.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit https://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit