February 25, 2019 - Revival Productions' Overload, the spiritual successor to the classic six-degree-of-freedom (6DOF) tunnel shooter game Descent, will launch March 6, 2019 on Xbox One and Xbox One X. The Xbox version supports cross-platform play with PC.
Revival Productions, founded by Matt Toschlog and Mike Kulas, co-founders of legendary Parallax Software and creators of the classic Descent, created Overload as the ultimate zero-G shooter. It gives players three axes of rotation and three axes of movement unlike traditional FPS games. The battle comes from all sides, above, and below, which adds to the game's complexity and depth to control and movement, ultimately transforming the FPS genre into something completely new and challenging.
Overload offers a deep single-player campaign, a highly-replayable Challenge Mode with online leaderboards, and individual and team-based online multiplayer modes. This breathtaking game is loaded with labyrinthine environments, pulse-pounding soundtracks, tight zones for combat, and level exploration beyond main objectives. Expanded gameplay features and powerful weapons armed with unique characteristics tighten the game's high-octane action.
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, force fields, lockdowns, ambushes, and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses armed with customized AI giving them unique personality and combat behavior
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge Mode with 12 levels and Infinite and Countdown variants that alter the focus of play
- Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save almost anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Surround sound audio options
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Interface and subtitles available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian
Overload is currently available on PlayStation 4 and PC ( Steam and GoG) for $29.99/EURO 24. Overload boasts at 93% Positive score on Steam!
To gain access to review code, please contact the team at [email protected].
For more information please visit us at https://playoverload.com/, or follow us on Twitter @PlayOverload, Facebook @playoverload, YouTube at Revival Productions, Discord at http://discord.playoverload.com/ and Twitch at Revival Productions.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's game engine woes lead to cancellations, layoffs
- New Avengers game monetized with cosmetics
- Breath of the Wild sequel may be dark, gritty, and dramatic
- Terminator in lots of new games except...a Terminator game
- Nintendo is looking at game streaming tech
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- Fort Boyard - The game will be available soon
- The Retro Scifi Game on Steam, 'I am Not a Monster' has a Single Player Campaign in Development called 'First Contact' set to Launch 2H 2019
- Buoyant Bounces Onto Mobile Devices Today
- Now Available on PC/Mac: Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank
- Japanese character introductions of Ryuko and Satsuki for KILL la KILL - IF released