PLAYISM, in partnership with Vaka Inc., is proud to present the Ver. 1.0 update to Touhou Luna Nights, the Team Ladybug title currently available in Early Access. This update, which includes Stages 4 and 5, will be made available on February 26th, after which Early Access for the title will come to a close.
In accordance with the end of Early Access, the price will be changing from the original discounted price of $11.99 to $17.99.
Touhou Luna Nights - Stages 2 & 3 Update Contents
Touhou Luna Nights is a Japanese 2D action-exploration (Metroidvania) game boasting 98% positive reviews on Steam. The main character is Sakuya Izayoi, brought over from the popular Touhou Project series. Featuring Sakuya's power of controlling time and hardcore knife battles beautifully rendered in sprite animation, the Touhou Project's "grazing" system adds extra fun to the action, allowing you to recover HP and MP by closing in on enemies and further spicing up the fight.
This latest updated including Stages 4 & 5 introduces new features such as "Screw Knife" and "Shield Dagger", as well as an extension of Sakuya's time-control abilities - "Yellow Aura", a gimmick allowing her to play out events in reverse while time is stopped - adding even more fun and action to battle and exploration alike.
In this update, "Remilia", the mistress who sent Sakuya to this strange world, appears as a boss character.
With the appearance of Remilia, Sakuya's adventure was supposed to come to an end, but Remilia's younger sister "Fran" also makes an appearance as a boss herself.
The addition of Stages 4 & 5 brings this series to a close, and Early Access will now be ending as well. In accordance with the end of Early Access, the price will be changing from the original discounted price of $11.99 to $17.99.
Additionally, updates will continue to roll out after the closing of Early Access, and future updates are set to include the much-requested "Boss Rush Mode", extra stages, and more.
Sakuya Izayoi Fan Art Contest
From today, February 20th through to March 12th, we will be holding a Sakuya Izayoi Fan Art Contest across various social media. The winning piece of fan art will be used as an official limited time-only banner image for Touhou Luna Nights.
- Contest period: 2/20 (Wed.) ~ 3/12 (Tue.)
- Prizes: The winning piece of fan art will be used for an official limited time-only banner
- Judges: Team Ladybug/Vaka/PLAYISM
How to Participate
- Follow PLAYISM on Twitter (at either @playismJP or @playismEN) or on WEIBO
- Tag your post with "#TLN_FAC" to submit
- Brilliant pixel graphics fleshing out the beautiful world of the Touhou series.
- Metroidvania-style map gimmicks taking advantage of the character's game-systemized ability to stop time and other powers
- The 2D game adaptation of the Touhou Project's "grazing" feature adds a thrill to closing in on enemies
- Title: Touhou Luna Nights
- Genre: 2D action-exploration (Metroidvania)
- Price: $11.99 in Early Access, increasing to $17.99
- Release Date: February 26, 2019
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French
- Publisher: Vaka, PLAYISM
- Developer: Team Ladybug
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/851100/Touhou_Luna_Nights/
- Stage 4&5 Trailer: https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=AmM1K9zeUcA
- Team Ladybug Website: http://teamladybug.info/
- Vaka Website: https://www.vaka.co.jp/
- Press Kit: https://drive.Google.com/drive/folders/1wDZPMZH9U0Wp-gRMEGLUEKZCzoJgG-05?usp=sharing