Wien/AUSTRIA, Helsinki/FINLAND, February 12th, 2019: The destructive racing game Wreckfest developed by the Finnish game developers Bugbear Entertainment has been recognized with a nomination for the 2019 D.I.C.E. Award in the Racing Game of the Year category. The annual D.I.C.E. Awards are the most important honors of the video game industry, equal to Academy Awards of the film industry.
The Finnish game being recognized as one of the 2018's finest racing games is an accomplishment that aptly demonstrates the innovation and proficiency currently prevalent in the Finnish game industry. The small Finnish studio's achievement is even more impressive when considering that only three games made it to the final list of the nominees. The D.I.C.E. Awards are organized on a yearly basis to correspondence with the D.I.C.E. Summit conference held on 13th of February. The trophies are presented by industry veterans and other established game developers, and they reflect the current trends of the industry.
"Being nominated for an award is already a huge privilege for us, and it shows that even a small team can achieve big things when you are skilled and motivated. The nomination is also a testament to the vitality of the Finnish game development community as well as of course our devoted supporters who have believed in us during all these years" says Janne Alanenpaa, the CEO of Bugbear.
Even before the D.I.C.E. Award nomination, Wreckfest has been already acknowledged internationally. In a voting organized by GameStar, a major German gaming news outlet, in early February, Wreckfest came in as a 1st runner-up in the category of Best Racing and Sports Games released in 2018.
Wreckfest was released on PC in summer 2018, with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions slated for release later this year. In the near-term future, Bugbear plans to expand the studio and create new racing games that will rival the success of Wreckfest. "Our goal is to grow Bugbear in a racing game powerhouse, and to achieve that goal we're looking for talented developers to join our strength" says Mr. AlanenpÃƒÂ¤ÃƒÂ¤.
For more information:
Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend - These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1, 2 and Ultimate Carnage. Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground!
- Awesome Cars - Old, banged-up, patched-together cars that simply ooze style! From old American heavy-hitters to agile Europeans and fun Asians, you won't find anything like this in other games.
- Meaningful Customization - Change not only the look of your cars but also upgrade their body armor.
- Multiplayer - Wreck your friends online and take racing to the limit while chasing for demolition dominance!
Latest News Posts
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Samsung delays Galaxy Fold, new release date not announced
- Disney could buy Nexon, adding huge value to its gaming arm
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Casio G-SHOCK Unveils Latest Translucent Watches With New Clear Skeleton Series
- GoPro Schedules First Quarter 2019 Financial Results for May 9, 2019
- BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition Now Available In The United States
- Sonim Launches XP3 Flip Phone on AT&T Network and FirstNet Communications Platform
- Canon Celebrates Its 10th Year in Supporting the Arbor Day Foundation and Its Reforestation Program