KENSINGTON, MD. - 12 Feb 2019 - Evolution: The Video Game, the strategy game of adaptation from North Star Digital Studios, invites biologists to create thriving species today on PC, Mac, iOS and Android.
To celebrate the launch, North Star is giving away 1,000 copies of the physical board game. To enter, players need to play at least one multiplayer match in a day, with a maximum of one entry per day. Ten winners will be selected daily for the first 100 days after launch, and announced on social media. Winners of the physical board game will be required to pay for shipping.
Evolution: The Video Game is the digital reimagining of the popular board game and has been carefully crafted so budding young field researchers can jump right in. In mere moments, anyone will understand what makes Evolution an award-winning franchise with more than 1.6 million players around the world.
Survive in an ever-changing environment by creating new species brought to life with a beautifully hand-painted, watercolor art-style and an earthy, contemplative original soundtrack. Adapt nigh-infinite creature combinations by merging natural traits such as climbing or horns to survive deadly predators and dwindling resources. Develop symbiotic relationships between plant-eating species or evolve carnivorous beasts to feed on the opposition in this addictive, turn-based strategy experience.
While Evolution's digital adaptation is loyal to the original board game, it has also done some evolving of its own. Stunning new artwork, animated cards, lush environments, distinct enemy A.I. Bosses, and a new campaign mode are but a sample of the new features exclusive to the digital edition.
Playing against human opponents from around the world provides its own thrill in fast-paced games. Cross-platform multiplayer provides a deep pool of players to battle wits with, and skill-based matchmaking encourages healthy competition. Evolution's digital form has been crafted to play as fast as possible, so matches generally last less than ten minutes.
"Since its release in 2014, the original Evolution tabletop game and its many iterations have been a huge hit with players," said Scott Rencher, president and co-founder of North Star Digital Studios. "We wanted Evolution: The Video Game to not only stand out as a worthwhile adaptation of the tabletop original, but as a great strategy video game all on its own."
Evolution: The Video Game is available in English on PC and Mac via Steam for $14.99. It is also available as free-to-try on iOS and Android with a full version available for $9.99 as a one time purchase. Those who purchase the game in the first week will receive a 20% launch sale discount.
For more news about Evolution: The Video Game and other projects from North Star Digital Studios, follow them on Twitter and Facebook or visit the official website.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5