(San Francisco, CA) - February 4, 2019 -- Independent developer Playchemy today announced Space War Arena, a brand-new strategy action game that blends exciting real-time space combat with tactical and strategic gameplay that delivers a fun and highly engaging gaming experience. With development led by Ed Annunziata, creator of Ecco the Dolphin on the Sega Genesis, Space War Arena is an homage to the original Spacewar game from the 1960's. Space War Arena is coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop on February 14th.
"This has been one of my favorite games to make," said Ed Annunziata, CEO and President of Playchemy. "We've been working hard on Space War Arena for a long time and as a small indie team it's so rewarding to announce your product and be so close to launch. Whether it's playing the solo campaign or shared screen 1v1 multiplayer, we think players will really enjoy the strategic decision making and have as much fun playing it as we do."
- Epic Space Battles - Enter a universe of exciting real-time space battles that are accessible, but deeply strategic. Think quickly and deploy the right units at the right time, manipulating their launch trajectories for added tactical depth.
- Deck Building - Mix and match over 30 types of units and experiment with different play styles as you progress and take your squadrons into battle. Deal out and deal with nimble fighters, sweeping lasers, drone factories and atomic warheads.
- Solo Campaign - Liberate the galaxy in pitched battle against AI masterminds. A solo campaign pits you against a variety of configurations and scenarios, charging would-be commanders to upgrade their fleets and become masters of all they behold.
About Space War Arena:
Starship combat on a grand scale has never been this addictive or accessible. Direct the tides of war in lightning fast strategic battles and unleash astonishing arsenals against opposing fleets to destroy their bases and claim their space. Space War Arena is a unique homage to the original videogame. Build an armada from 30 different types of evolving units, unleash your cunning, adapt to the enemy, and command your fleet in epic AI encounters or vicious same-screen multiplayer. Engage!
- Visit the Website: https://spacewararena.com/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpaceWarArena
- Like us on Facebook: https://Facebook.com/SpaceWarArena
Playchemy is an independent and passionate development team formed in 2011 and based in Burlingame, California. Comprised of game industry veterans dedicated to creating meaningful and original games who believe that the power of interactive media to communicate and entertain not only enriches human lives, but inspires players of all ages. For more information, please visit https://www.playchemy.com.
- Derick Thomas
- [email protected]
- (925) 487-3796