Walnut Creek, CA, January 21, 2019 - Publisher Deep Silver and developer Nine Dots have released a new Developer's Diary video for their hardcore fantasy adventure OUTWARD. This video showcases the variety and depth of not only the game's environment, but also the mechanics of an undervalued and iconic piece of gear: the backpack.
OUTWARD is a hardcore RPG that tempers fantasy elements with realism. The player must survive against natural dangers like hunger, disease, and the elements as well as monsters and brigands. This is where the backpack comes in; without the limitless inventory seen in other RPGs how will the player surpass the challenges that enemies and the environment present to them? The larger your backpack, the more prepared you can be. However, carrying too much encumbering equipment will leave you vulnerable in a surprise attack. Which pack you carry can be just as much a deciding factor as the weapon you bring into battle and your chosen fighting style.
Additionally, the player's map-reading skills will be put to the test. Exploring the corners of Aurai with nothing but a backpack provides a thrilling experience that can be described as the peak of adventuring! You decide if you want to travel light or not, but you will have to make sure you are able to adapt to your environment. Aurai has four distinct regions that you will need to navigate with the help of your trusty compass, your map, and your ability to locate landmarks. The game will not do that for you. Not to worry, though. With preparation, you will be able to overcome most challenges that OUTWARD will throw at you.
OUTWARD is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam on March 26th, 2019.The Dev Diary #2 can be viewed here:
Stay up-to-date with the latest Outward news and information on the official website:https://www.ninedotsstudio.com/outward.
Outward on Facebook
Outward on Twitter
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage