Jan. 15, 2018-Provo, Utah - FileShadow today announces support for the Drobo 8D, Direct Attached Storage (DAS) Solution. In addition to support for all popular cloud file systems, FileShadow's file archiving protection service supports Drobo models 5N, 5N2, B810N and now 8D.
With storage protection powered by Google Cloud, IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) and Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage, FileShadow delivers "11 Nines" of durability for Drobo files. FileShadow's Cloud File Assurance Service ensures individuals and small businesses with document-intensive needs, such as photographers, creatives, insurance agents or agencies, financial services and municipalities, cannot only protect and archive their cloud storage but also find it easily, regardless of the location of the original file.
"We're providing the complete picture for users to connect all of their storage into one system and making it available for a lifetime,"said Tyrone Pike, President and CEO of FileShadow. "By adding a machine learning layer on top of the stored files, users can easily find PDF documents or images that aren't indexed. We've created a powerful system available for storing, archiving, finding and managing your files."
With this announcement, Drobo 8D files and other Drobo NAS/DAS products become part of the Cloud Assurance system that includes macOS desktop (including iCloud Drive files and iCloud Photos), Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe's Lightroom solutions, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
The service generates extensive, searchable metadata for each file, including location (GPS), optical character recognition (OCR) and machine learning (ML) generated tags for photographic images. For example, a search for the term "sailing" will pull up images of sailboats that have been tagged by automated machine learning (ML) or can find a scanned contract that includes the words "sailing" or a related term such as "harbor." By using machine learning, FileShadow provides superior search capabilities, allowing the user to find files in mere seconds effectively.
FileShadow does not replace users' existing cloud storage systems; it connects them. The system allows the user to securely maintain and search their data in a single place instead of across multiple platforms where their data may be lost or forgotten. The service archives each revision and generation of every file, regardless of whether or not it was retained in the original, linked cloud storage system-providing a specific system of record for all data stored in each cloud storage account.
The FileShadow Service is free of charge for up to 100 GB of data. Subscriptions are available for more storage ($15/month for 1 TB; each additional terabyte is $10/month).
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!