LAS VEGAS, Dec. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) ("Scientific Games" or the "Company") today announced the Company has reached a settlement in its litigation with Shuffle Tech International LLC and other plaintiffs. On August 7, 2018, the jury awarded Shuffle Tech and the other plaintiffs $105 million in compensatory damages, which was subject to trebling, as well as attorney's fees and costs which brought the total to $335 million. As part of the settlement, Scientific Games will pay the plaintiffs $151.5 million which represents 45 percent of the original $335 million.
"While we firmly believe that the jury decision was wrong, we are pleased with the outcome of the settlement and that this matter will be resolved for good," said James Sottile, Chief Legal Officer and Executive Vice President, Scientific Games.
The settlement is conditioned on the trial court entering an order vacating the judgment entered on the jury's verdict. The Company anticipates that the trial court will enter such an order. Upon satisfaction of the condition described above, the settlement ends all litigation related to this matter and all pending motions and filings will be dropped. While the settlement resolves the disputed claims, Scientific Games has not admitted any liability.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V