LAS VEGAS, Dec. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) ("Scientific Games" or the "Company") today announced the Company has reached a settlement in its litigation with Shuffle Tech International LLC and other plaintiffs. On August 7, 2018, the jury awarded Shuffle Tech and the other plaintiffs $105 million in compensatory damages, which was subject to trebling, as well as attorney's fees and costs which brought the total to $335 million. As part of the settlement, Scientific Games will pay the plaintiffs $151.5 million which represents 45 percent of the original $335 million.
"While we firmly believe that the jury decision was wrong, we are pleased with the outcome of the settlement and that this matter will be resolved for good," said James Sottile, Chief Legal Officer and Executive Vice President, Scientific Games.
The settlement is conditioned on the trial court entering an order vacating the judgment entered on the jury's verdict. The Company anticipates that the trial court will enter such an order. Upon satisfaction of the condition described above, the settlement ends all litigation related to this matter and all pending motions and filings will be dropped. While the settlement resolves the disputed claims, Scientific Games has not admitted any liability.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Square Enix to make more HD-2D games like Octopath Traveler
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019