WASHINGTON, Dec. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF), a national non-profit that provides micro-grants to young women, is getting into the holiday spirit with a festive Stream The Halls (#StreamTheHalls) charity event powered by the Twitch community. All proceeds from this inaugural fundraiser, broadcasting December 18-19 on the homepage of social video service Twitch and featuring popular streamers such as Xmiramira and Tammy_Blackmedia, will go toward the 1DF-Twitch BroadcastHER Grant Program (BroadcastHER Grants) announced earlier this year.
1DF's goal with Stream The Halls is to create an annual event celebrating talented female content creators on the Twitch platform and raise funds for up-and-coming women in the space. Participants, whether by streaming or donating, are supporting the cause by helping gift a talented young woman the ability to pursue her broadcasting dreams.
Funds raised during Stream The Halls will supplement 1DF's first-ever Twitch charity event -- Streams For Dreams, held during Women's History Month 2018 -- which brought in close to $44,000 to support the new 1DF-Twitch BroadcastHER Grant Program. The first 50 grant winners, selected from 600+ applications, were announced on August 1, 2018, during a livestream broadcast from Twitch Headquarters in San Francisco, Calif.
"I'm excited to support Stream The Halls because 1,000 Dreams Fund is changing the world," says Tammy Byerly (Tammy_Blackmedia). "1DF not only inspires young women to succeed, but they turn dreams into reality with financial grants, mentorship, partnerships and a positive and empowering community."
Stream The Halls featured broadcasters are: Tammy_Blackmedia; QuietteShy; ThatViolinChick; Luxxxio; Asteroidea; meganlenius; vannimae; chelleremedy; lara6683; vvildgaming; Mioree; and Xmiramira.
Stream The Halls kicks off on Twitch December 18 at 12 p.m. PST and ends at 12 p.m. PST on December 19. The campaign leverages the reach and impact of 12 popular Twitch broadcasters, who will encourage viewers to donate to the program, and 1DF will provide T-shirts and other items as incentives.
"We are excited to again partner with members of the Twitch community to build on the success of the first Streams for Dreams charity event for a very important cause - the advancement of women in broadcasting and gaming," says 1,000 Dreams Fund Founder and CEO Christie Garton. "We have received 1,000+ applications for funding, underscoring the need for the support we are providing."
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Square Enix to make more HD-2D games like Octopath Traveler
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019