WASHINGTON, Dec. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF), a national non-profit that provides micro-grants to young women, is getting into the holiday spirit with a festive Stream The Halls (#StreamTheHalls) charity event powered by the Twitch community. All proceeds from this inaugural fundraiser, broadcasting December 18-19 on the homepage of social video service Twitch and featuring popular streamers such as Xmiramira and Tammy_Blackmedia, will go toward the 1DF-Twitch BroadcastHER Grant Program (BroadcastHER Grants) announced earlier this year.
1DF's goal with Stream The Halls is to create an annual event celebrating talented female content creators on the Twitch platform and raise funds for up-and-coming women in the space. Participants, whether by streaming or donating, are supporting the cause by helping gift a talented young woman the ability to pursue her broadcasting dreams.
Funds raised during Stream The Halls will supplement 1DF's first-ever Twitch charity event -- Streams For Dreams, held during Women's History Month 2018 -- which brought in close to $44,000 to support the new 1DF-Twitch BroadcastHER Grant Program. The first 50 grant winners, selected from 600+ applications, were announced on August 1, 2018, during a livestream broadcast from Twitch Headquarters in San Francisco, Calif.
"I'm excited to support Stream The Halls because 1,000 Dreams Fund is changing the world," says Tammy Byerly (Tammy_Blackmedia). "1DF not only inspires young women to succeed, but they turn dreams into reality with financial grants, mentorship, partnerships and a positive and empowering community."
Stream The Halls featured broadcasters are: Tammy_Blackmedia; QuietteShy; ThatViolinChick; Luxxxio; Asteroidea; meganlenius; vannimae; chelleremedy; lara6683; vvildgaming; Mioree; and Xmiramira.
Stream The Halls kicks off on Twitch December 18 at 12 p.m. PST and ends at 12 p.m. PST on December 19. The campaign leverages the reach and impact of 12 popular Twitch broadcasters, who will encourage viewers to donate to the program, and 1DF will provide T-shirts and other items as incentives.
"We are excited to again partner with members of the Twitch community to build on the success of the first Streams for Dreams charity event for a very important cause - the advancement of women in broadcasting and gaming," says 1,000 Dreams Fund Founder and CEO Christie Garton. "We have received 1,000+ applications for funding, underscoring the need for the support we are providing."
Latest News Posts
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V