After laying down thousands of miles of tracks in North and South America, Kalypso Media is letting tycoons loose across Europe, starting today with the launch of the Great Britain & Ireland DLC for Railway Empire.
In Great Britain & Ireland, players will travel to the home of the first steam engines in an age of unprecedented progress and technological innovation. Industrial city centres are booming and the streets and waters are no longer enough to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of commerce. Locomotives are the future but not everyone sees it that way, and you'll have build respect and social standing as you battle rival companies to the top.
The new DLC includes the 'Great Britain & Ireland' map expansion for Free Game and Sandbox modes, and tasks players with a new scenario. New music tracks and reworked city buildings are accompanied by 10 new historical engines (including the Rocket 0-2-2 and Firefly 0-2-0, 13 new tradeable goods like cider and whisky, and 45 new cities to explore.
The release of Great Britain & Ireland also coincides with the release of the 1.7 'Stock Market' update for Railway Empire on all formats. The update introduces new platform customizations, with stations and warehouses receiving upgradeable signal stations that give trains the option of which platform to stop at. Trains will automatically choose the platform that is least busy, reducing idle time while other trains are being serviced. The 'Analyst' has also been added to the staff, who will cause mayhem on the stock market by placing false reports to manipulate the value of companies! Acquiring a company has also been smoothed over, with players now able to own 100% of a company without having to follow through with a full merger.
About Railway Empire:
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You'll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can't just build and research your way to the top - the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you'll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V