The "Synthetic Stem Cells Market by Application, Region - Global Forecast to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Ethical concerns regarding embryonic stem cells is expected to drive the overall growth of the synthetic stem cells market.
The synthetic stem cells market is expected to grow from USD 14 million in 2023 to USD 37 million by 2028, at a CAGR of 22.5% during the forecast period.
The synthetic stem cells market is driven by various factors such as ethical concerns regarding embryonic stem cells and the risk of tumor formation and immune rejection of natural stem cells. However, the unclear and unstructured regulations on the use of synthetic stem cells can hinder the growth of the market.
The neurological disorders segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The neurological disorders application is the faster-growing segment in the overall synthetic stem cells market. Based on application, the synthetic stem cells market is segmented into cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, and other diseases that include various cancers, wounds and injuries, musculoskeletal disorders, and blood disorders that require regenerative therapies.
North America is expected to record the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Countries in North America are constantly modernizing their healthcare infrastructure by investing in advanced therapies. The increasing prevalence of target diseases, focus on development of for regenerative medicines, fast adoption of advanced therapies, and regulatory support for stem cell therapies will result in the high rate of adoption of synthetic stem cell therapies in this region by 2023.
The synthetic stem cells market comprises two major providers, namely, North Carolina State University (NCSU) (US) and Zhengzhou University (China).
- Synthetic stem cells are micro-particles that mimic natural stem cells and offer equivalent functionalities and benefits.
- As these synthetic stem cells contain only growth factors from natural stem cells, they enable the regeneration of damaged tissues and eliminate the risk of tumor formation and immune rejection.
- The global synthetic stem cells market is projected to reach USD 37.2 million in 2028 from USD 13.5 million in 2023, at a CAGR of 22.5%.
- Market growth can largely be attributed to the potential advantages of synthetic stem cells and cost effectiveness compared to natural stem cells.
- Based on application, the synthetic stem cells market is divided into cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders, and other applications.
- Cardiovascular disease is expected to dominate the market in 2023 and register the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
- Its large share and high growth can be attributed to the high prevalence of CVD and R&D activity in this area. The first synthetic stem cell was developed for CVD applications.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
5.2 Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Market Drivers
184.108.40.206 Ethical Concerns Regarding Embryonic Stem Cells
220.127.116.11 Risk of Tumor Formation and Immune Rejection of Natural Stem Cells
5.2.2 Market Restraints
18.104.22.168 Unclear and Unstructured Regulations
5.2.3 Market Opportunities
22.214.171.124 Costly Storage and Fragility of Natural Stem Cells
126.96.36.199 Potential Application in Major Indications
188.8.131.52 Increasing Stem Cell Research Funding
5.3 Market Impact Analysis
6 Synthetic Stem Cells Market, By Application
6.2 Cardiovascular Diseases
6.3 Neurological Disorders
6.4 Other Applications
7 Synthetic Stem Cells Market, By Region
7.2 North America
7.4 Asia Pacific
7.5 Rest of the World (RoW)
8 University Profiles
8.1 North Carolina State University
8.2 Zhengzhou University
9.1 Insights of Industry Experts
9.2 Discussion Guide
9.3 Knowledge Store: Subscription Portal
9.4 Introducing RT: Real-Time Market Intelligence
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5vdln2/global_37?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.