Shuttle: Power-saving Nettop with SUSE Linux Operating System
Dual-Core Processor harmonises with Open Source Operating System on the smallest footprint
Shuttle Inc., the market leader in the Mini-PC sector and manufacturer of Multi-Form-Factor solutions, is now expanding its portfolio of Mini-PCs with Open Source operating systems. The latest offshoot is the X270V complete system based on the Shuttle Barebone X27D.
As with earlier Shuttle Mini-PCs with pre-installed Linux operating system, the X270V uses openSUSE - now in version 11. All PC functions are configured after the first start-up in only a few steps and can then be used immediately. Expansion with program packages is possible at any time by a 1-Click-Installation from the openSUSE website to meet individual requirements.
"The resource-saving requirements of Linux are ideal for Nettops.", said Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
The tiny tot with a volume of only a few litres accommodates energy-efficient components from the mobile sector within its highly-polished, black-coated case. The X270V is driven by an Intel dual-core Atom 330 CPU with each core clocked at 1.6 GHz. Up to 2GB of DDR2 memory can be fitted for fluent work with internet and office applications.
Fast Gigabit-LAN, 6-channel audio, PS/2-connectors, serial interface, 6x USB, VGA and DVI-out, connect the X270V to peripheral devices.
The Shuttle X270V Complete System is available immediately in bespoke configurations from specialist retailers or via the Shuttle Systems Configurator. Shuttle's recommended retail price starts from EUR 299 (ex VAT). The Shuttle Systems Configurator is located at https://www.shuttle.eu/systems. Resellers can be found via the "Shuttle StoreLocator" https://www.shuttle.eu/buy.
Latest News Posts
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit