December 8, 2018 - Los Angeles, CA - The official launch trailer for Desert Child debuted today on the Kinda Funny Games Showcase. The stylistic launch trailer and music track paying homage to the anime Cowboy Bebop was created by the sole developer of Desert Child, Oscar Brittain. Desert Child will be available for digital download for $11.99 and will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam on December 11, 2018, and to Xbox One on December 12, 2018.
Get Rich, or Die Flyin'
In Desert Child you are broke, but talented, hoverbike racer who needs to find a way off Earth to get to Mars to compete in the Grand Prix, the greatest race in the universe. Explore a vibrant pixel-art solar system in this stylized racing adventure flavored with colorful sidequests, fierce hoverbike competitions, and a chill, lo-fi hip-hop soundtrack.
- Hunt bounties, deliver pizzas, throw races - do anything you can to earn cash.
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline.
- Customize your vintage bike with various modifications.
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win.
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style.
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that will keep you coming back.
- Chill to an original lo-fi/hip-hop soundtrack.
About Oscar Brittain:
Based out of Fremantle, Western Australia, Oscar Brittain left his pursuit of an Architecture degree at the University of Western Australia to finish work on Desert Child. His visual style is greatly influenced by his studies, and attributes much of his design knowledge to his time at college. For more information, visit: https://www.desertchildgame.com