Asmodee Digital today announced the release of Carcassonne for Nintendo Switch, the first of several digital board game titles being optimized for the platform over the coming year. Carcassonne is available on the Nintendo eShop now for $19.99 MSRP.
Carcassonne is mainstream: simple to pick up, but challenging to master, presenting players with endless opportunities for tactical play. Nintendo Switch offers a complementary experience: players can enjoy the digital advantages of tabletop at home - no set-up or scorekeeping required - and take their game on the go with portable handheld capabilities.
This is the official adaptation of the famous board game Carcassonne, a tile-placement game based on the multiple award-winning tabletop game where players build medieval cities, roads, fields, cloisters and many more things.
In the Nintendo Switch edition, players can build a medieval world in a full adaptation of the multi millions sold Carcassonne, complete with 3D maps, solo mode and multiplayer with up to six players with local pass & play.
- Local multiplayer
- Up to 4 players using Joy-Con controllers
- Up to 6 players thanks to the pass-and-play feature
- Cross-platform multiplayer modes coming in 2019
- Beautiful new artwork, 2D and 3D perspective
- 3 different AI behaviors
The Abbot and The River expansions are included with the Nintendo Switch edition for free, and Inns & Cathedral DLC is available for $6.99 MSRP. Cross-platform online multiplayer will be available in 2019. Further expansions already known to the fanbase, will follow.
For more information:
- Visit our website: https://www.asmodee-digital.com/en/carcassonne
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/asmodeedigital
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/asmodeedigital
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.YouTube.com/asmodeedigital
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asmodeedigital
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/asmodeedigital