Gritty hoverbike racing adventure from Oscar Brittain finally gets a release date
November 12, 2018 - Los Angeles, CA - Akupara Games and Oscar Brittain announce the launch date of their highly anticipated hoverbike racing adventure, Desert Child, coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam as a digital download on December 11, 2018, and to Xbox One on December 12, 2018, and will retail for $11.99.
YouTube Trailer Link: https://youtu.be/nyFZAD4Ek2o]
In Desert Child you are broke, but talented, hoverbike racer who needs to find a way off Earth to get to Mars to compete in the Grand Prix, the greatest race in the universe. Explore a vibrant pixel-art solar system in this stylized racing adventure flavored with colorful sidequests, fierce hoverbike competitions, and a chill, lo-fi hip-hop soundtrack, all developed by solo developer, Oscar Brittain.
- Hunt bounties, deliver pizzas, throw races - do anything you can to earn cash.
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline.
- Customize your vintage bike with various modifications.
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win.
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style.
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that will keep you coming back.
- Chill to an original lo-fi/hip-hop soundtrack.
Desert Child will also be a part of the Kinda Funny Games Showcase, taking place on December 8, 2018 at 10 AM PT on Twitch, where a special trailer will debut. For more information, visit https://www.kindafunny.com.