Latest trailer - https://youtu.be/EDeF5cZqkks
Friday 9th November, Rome, Italy: Storm in a Teacup is excited to announce that Close To The Sun, the uchronic horror game with a steampunk cut, has been selected by Epic Games for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants.
We're humbled by their choice and we want to thank the Unreal Engine Team for all the support they have always shown us and for our game.
Find here the original announcement.
About the game:
Close to the Sun casts players back to the height of Nikola Tesla's career in the late 1890s, charging them with boarding a mysterious ship complex created by the man himself to bring the greatest minds of the world together in an alternative version of history.
Though his various scientific breakthroughs have, even at this early stage, had a major impact on the rest of the world, it quickly becomes apparent that something, somewhere on this ship has gone disastrously wrong, and history is not playing out as it should. Players take on the role of Rose, a young journalist searching for her sister in this first-person horror adventure, with Close to the Sun's water-laden world offering no way of escape and no easy answers to the riddles aplenty therein.
Close to the Sun features: -
- First-person horror adventure where survival is the order of the day
- Problem solving in order to progress the story: Just what happened on board Tesla's ship?
- Danger aplenty as Rose pieces together just what killed most on board despite having no real means to defend herself
- Teamwork with a yet-to-be-revealed ally who helps Rose navigate her way through the ship's Art Deco halls
- Nerve inducing exploration - defenseless and weaponless, the keys to Rose's survival are running, hiding, and quick thinking
Close to The Sun is currently scheduled for release on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in Q1 2019, powered by Unreal Engine 4.
Watch the latest trailer here: https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=ra7vQngpDig
Follow the game on Facebook at https://Facebook.com/closetothesungame