Seagate Introduces SV35.5 Series Hard Drives for 24/7 Operation
Seagate today introduced its Seagate SV35.5 Series hard drives, designed for optimal performance in digital video surveillance systems. The Seagate SV35.5 hard drive is built for rigorous 24x7 use, and combines best-in-class reliability, performance, capacity, acoustics and power consumption along with features that make SDVR integration easy, making it the ideal solution for the demands of the growing video surveillance market.
The Seagate SV35.5 hard drive provides a number of key advantages for video surveillance environments over standard hard drives including: performance-tuned 140 MB/s sustained sequential data rates and ATA-7 streaming commands for high-speed transfers, enhanced caching capabilities and built-in error recovery for non-stop streaming, thermal monitoring and reporting, unique user-selectable partitioning, low spin-up power, and best-in-class acoustics for extremely quiet operation.
With disk capacities from 250 GB to 1 TB, the Seagate SV35.5 hard drive offers flexible DVR design capabilities as a video surveillance DVR, network DVR, or for direct and network-attached JBOD video surveillance storage.
"The hardware requirements for the surveillance market are especially critical and dictate the use of HDDs that are made specifically for the needs of video system manufacturers and integrators," said Carla Kennedy, senior vice president of Seagate's Enterprise Product Line Management group. "With its optimized performance and capacity that can store over one full month of high-resolution video, the Seagate SV35.5 Series hard drive is a prime example of Seagate delivering a feature-rich solution that customers have requested."
Seagate SV35.5 Hard Drive for Surveillance OEMs and System Builders
The Seagate SV35.5 hard drive answers the ever-increasing need for more storage capacity at best-in-class power consumption and acoustics for digital video recording OEMs and system builders. Utilizing perpendicular recording technology, it offers capacities up to 1 TB while providing optimum performance while drawing minimal power from system resources. With its powerful surveillance features and backed by the Seagate 5 year limited warranty, the Seagate SV35.5 drives enable OEM and system builders to set themselves apart from the competition by delivering lower operational costs with best-in-class reliability.
"While we continue to use the Barracuda ES series for our enterprise class RAID solutions, the Seagate SV35 series is a perfect solution for our very successful series of non-RAID DVRs," said Pelco Product Marketing Manager Yvonne Schwemmer. "The fact that Seagate has engineered these drives for the video surveillance market gives us increased confidence in the products we deliver to a demanding marketplace."
- Capacities: 250 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB
- Spin speeds: 7200-RPM
- Interfaces: 3Gbps SATA
- Video Streaming: 47 Simultaneous FULL D1 (704X576) Video Streams Support
- Performance: 140 MB/s sustained sequential data rates
- Acoustics: Typical Idle (bels) 2.3 for 250 GB/ 2.5 for 500 GB/2.5 for 1 TB
- Shock, Operating: 70 (2ms Gs), Non-operating: 350 for 250 GB/ 300 for 500 GB/ 300 for 1 TB (2m Gs)
- Cache: SATA: 8MB for 250GB/16MB for 500GB/32MB for 1TB
- Power Usage: Performance Idle: 5 Watts for 250 GB/ 7 Watts for 500 GB/ 7 Watts for 1 TB
- Warranty: Limited 5 year
The Seagate SV35.5 Series is currently shipping to distributors worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit