Cloud-Hosted Solution Enables Streaming Data Pipelines to Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL and MySQL Regardless of Location
PALO ALTO, Calif. and LONDON, Oct. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Striim, provider of an enterprise-grade platform for streaming data integration, announced today at the Google Cloud Next '18 London conference that the Striim software is now available as a cloud-hosted offering on the Google marketplace to enable streaming data pipelines to Google Cloud SQL. Striim simplifies the continuous collection, transformation and movement of data in real-time from a wide variety of on-premises and cloud sources, making it easier for companies to integrate cloud-based PostgreSQL and MySQL in their hybrid cloud architectures.
Google Cloud SQL is Google's fully managed database service for PostgreSQL and MySQL databases in the cloud. However, a cloud database is only as good as its data. Striim ensures Google Cloud SQL is continuously fed with real-time, relevant data from both on-premises and cloud systems, while maintaining transactional consistency.
"With Striim, our customers can set up continuous real-time data flows that deliver data in the right format into PostgreSQL and MySQL running on Google Cloud," said Alok Pareek, Founder and EVP of Products for Striim. "Striim moves data continuously with Exactly Once processing (E1P) semantics and in a transactionally consistent manner. These are key requirements when integrating data from mission-critical applications. By rapidly setting up automated, real-time data pipelines, Cloud SQL customers can replicate data into their MySQL and PostgreSQL database services for real-time business applications, as well as for operational data stores and data marts in their analytical solutions."
Striim ingests data from a broad range of enterprise databases (including Oracle, SQL Server, HPE NonStop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS for Oracle, Amazon RDS for MySQL) via log-based Change Data Capture (CDC), as well as from log files, messaging systems, sensors, and Hadoop solutions. While the data is in-motion, Striim performs in-line transformations before delivering to Google Cloud SQL with sub-second latency, providing full context for any downstream operations such as reporting, analytical, and transactional processing.
For Google Cloud SQL customers, Striim offers several features and benefits that can maximize integration speed and reliability:
- Uses low-impact change data capture (CDC) to minimize impact on source databases
- Offers a secure, reliable, and scalable service for continuous real-time data collection, preparation, and delivery to Google Cloud SQL
- Provides in-flight data filtering, transformation, aggregation, masking, and enrichment
- Reduces on-premises ETL workloads, as well as data latency
- Enables synchronization of partial data sets for reporting use cases
For more information about Striim's platform-as-a-service offerings for Google Cloud SQL, please visit https://www.striim.com/partners/Google-cloud-platform/ or provision Striim in the Google Cloud marketplace.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct