Cloud-Hosted Solution Enables Streaming Data Pipelines to Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL and MySQL Regardless of Location
PALO ALTO, Calif. and LONDON, Oct. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Striim, provider of an enterprise-grade platform for streaming data integration, announced today at the Google Cloud Next '18 London conference that the Striim software is now available as a cloud-hosted offering on the Google marketplace to enable streaming data pipelines to Google Cloud SQL. Striim simplifies the continuous collection, transformation and movement of data in real-time from a wide variety of on-premises and cloud sources, making it easier for companies to integrate cloud-based PostgreSQL and MySQL in their hybrid cloud architectures.
Google Cloud SQL is Google's fully managed database service for PostgreSQL and MySQL databases in the cloud. However, a cloud database is only as good as its data. Striim ensures Google Cloud SQL is continuously fed with real-time, relevant data from both on-premises and cloud systems, while maintaining transactional consistency.
"With Striim, our customers can set up continuous real-time data flows that deliver data in the right format into PostgreSQL and MySQL running on Google Cloud," said Alok Pareek, Founder and EVP of Products for Striim. "Striim moves data continuously with Exactly Once processing (E1P) semantics and in a transactionally consistent manner. These are key requirements when integrating data from mission-critical applications. By rapidly setting up automated, real-time data pipelines, Cloud SQL customers can replicate data into their MySQL and PostgreSQL database services for real-time business applications, as well as for operational data stores and data marts in their analytical solutions."
Striim ingests data from a broad range of enterprise databases (including Oracle, SQL Server, HPE NonStop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS for Oracle, Amazon RDS for MySQL) via log-based Change Data Capture (CDC), as well as from log files, messaging systems, sensors, and Hadoop solutions. While the data is in-motion, Striim performs in-line transformations before delivering to Google Cloud SQL with sub-second latency, providing full context for any downstream operations such as reporting, analytical, and transactional processing.
For Google Cloud SQL customers, Striim offers several features and benefits that can maximize integration speed and reliability:
- Uses low-impact change data capture (CDC) to minimize impact on source databases
- Offers a secure, reliable, and scalable service for continuous real-time data collection, preparation, and delivery to Google Cloud SQL
- Provides in-flight data filtering, transformation, aggregation, masking, and enrichment
- Reduces on-premises ETL workloads, as well as data latency
- Enables synchronization of partial data sets for reporting use cases
For more information about Striim's platform-as-a-service offerings for Google Cloud SQL, please visit https://www.striim.com/partners/Google-cloud-platform/ or provision Striim in the Google Cloud marketplace.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!