OCZ Technology Achieves 80 Plus Gold and Silver Efficiency with New Z-Series Power Supplies
The OCZ Z-Series was designed and developed for industry-leading efficiency and performance
San Jose, Calif.-April 2, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and PC components, is pleased to announce that their Z-Series line of PSUs have been certified at the highest efficiency levels by 80 Plus®, making the power supplies an exceptional choice for power users demanding the ultimate in performance and efficiency. As one of the first consumer PSUs to meet the strict requirements of the 80 Plus Gold 90% efficiency standard, the Z1000 is now in production and is slated to be the first 1KW power supply available to end-users with the prestigious 80 Plus Gold rating. In addition to the 1000W configuration, two Silver 80 Plus rated power supplies are included in the series-the Z550 and Z650.
"The Z-Series is the culmination of close to two years of development time within our Power Management division and their partners" commented Ryan Edwards, Director of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "OCZ power supplies now stand at the very forefront of efficiency and performance, offering end-users the ultimate solution for their future-proof build, maximum performance without compromise, cutting-edge power conversion efficiency, a single +12V rail to support over-clocking efforts, optimal thermal management, a standard ATX footprint, extremely low audible fan noise, and by preference, a modular or non-modular configuration (Z1000 or Z1000M)."
OCZ Z-Series PSU's push the envelope in power efficiency, and at typical load the Z1000 delivers over 90% efficiency, making it an excellent contender for high-end systems and workstations that require both maximum performance and efficiency. Close behind, the Z650 exhibits over 89% efficiency at typical load.
The Z1000 will be available in both modular and non-modular editions, allowing end-users to choose the ultimate solution for their application and unique preferences. For mid-range wattage needs, the Silver-rated 550W and 650W will also be offered. The Z-Series will be widely available later this spring and come backed with a 5 year warranty for true peace of mind.
For more information, please view the testing reports at https://www.80plus.org:
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at https://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ