LAUSANNE, Switzerland, September 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
iWedia, a leading provider of software components and solutions for TV devices to service operators and Consumer Electronics manufacturers, today announced the release of STAGE, an Operator Tier Android TV Launcher.
STAGE is a modern Pay TV User Interface (UI) for Android TV STB compliant with Google's Operator Tier specifications. It provides a live TV oriented STB UI (featuring service list, content list, zapping banner, EPG, PVR, etc.), gives access to VoD & catch-up TV, apps and games, as well as to search, promotions, and recommendations.
It is available for pure OTT STB as well as for hybrid STB where is makes use of the Android TV Input Framework (TIF) and creates a unified service list.
It is a white label UI designed to be easily customizable, brandable and skinnable to fulfil the operator's specific UI requirements.
"Google's Operator Tier specifications allow the TV operators to own the STB UI and to use it to deliver their brand and universe to their subscribers and to prioritize content, channels, and recommendations," says Dejan Popov Tapavicki, Product Manager at iWedia. "We have designed STAGE as the ideal starting point for them to achieve that quickly and efficiently."
STAGE has already been chosen by several operators which are preparing the launch of their services for the end of the year or the beginning of next year.
iWedia will demonstrate the product at IBC 2018, which is being held in RAI Amsterdam from Friday, September 14ththrough to Tuesday, September 18th. iWedia exhibits in hall 5, stand B40.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Samsung's new Galaxy S10
- Apex Legends' success sees spike in Apex Construct sales
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: foldable smartphone starts at $1980
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure