Inspired by the classic side-scrolling beat 'em up, 'Golden Axe', comes Moonfall Ultimate. The hand-painted 2D action RPG is out today on Steam, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. This will be closely followed by the Xbox One release on 5th September.
'Moonfall' was originally released on Steam and after a successful launch and by popular demand, the game is now receiving additional content plus support for current-gen consoles. Now with Moonfall Ultimate, players can expect everything they loved from the previous version with the addition of:
- Endless Arcade mode
- 2-player local multiplayer (Campaign & Endless Arcade Mode)
- Cinematic story intro
- Full controller support
- Interface optimization
- Combat tweaks
Set in an industrial gothic universe, you'll hack, slash and cast your way through a treacherous hand-painted world. Choose your class and upgrade your gear with metroidvania-style exploration and a focus on strategic real-time combat. Discover a story of The Empire, a once small kingdom now under threat from so-called Savages. They hunt a mysterious element known as Lunarium which resides in The Empire and you, a dauntless recruit, must protect the land at the front line. Delve deeper into the world created by Fishcow Studio and learn about the history of The Empire here.
- Beautifully hand-painted 2D graphics full of detail and dark atmospherics.
- Play the Campaign or Endless Mode solo or grab a friend with the 2-player couch co-op support.
- Three character classes with unique active and passive abilities. Choose Vanguard, Elementalis or - Shadow to suit your play style.
- A sturdy levelling system and in-game economy which gives access to over 80 unique items. Fight, collect and upgrade!
- Action-packed combat system provides a diverse choice of dealing damage. A suitable strategy is the key to success.
- 13 open-ended and fully explorable levels with elements of the metroidvania genre and packed with quests, boss fights and notes expanding the lore.
- Over 60 tiered enemies, each with their own unique attack and defensive attributes.
"We are very pleased to be able to offer Moonfall Ultimate for our players on PC and consoles early in September 2018. We believe, that special game modes will delight many players, especially local multiplayer will bring a lot of fun. We are honored that we could cooperate with the professional team from Wales Interactive, and we are proud that our game will be published by such a successful British publisher. Together, we will try to bring more games of the high quality level in which players spend many great experiences that will remain in their memories for a long time." Stefan Nitkulinec, Project Director at Fishcow Studio.
Developer: Fishcow Studio
Publisher: Wales Interactive
Genre: Action, RPG, Adventure
Release Date: 4 Sept (PC, PS4, Switch), 5 Sept (Xbox One)