Taipei, Taiwan, September 3, 2018 - QNAP Systems, Inc. (QNAP), a leading storage, network and computing solution provider, today released QTS 4.3.5 beta, the latest version of the acclaimed QNAP NAS operating system. QTS 4.3.5 is packed with many new industry-leading and improved features that enhance storage and network aspects for home, business, and enterprise users, enabling a more performance-driven, streamlined, and efficient user experience with QNAP NAS.
"QTS 4.3.5 represents QNAP's devotion to improving core NAS functionality, and we are continuing to make substantial leaps forward in both storage and network functionalities," said Cherry Chen, Product Manager of QNAP, adding "Responding to an era that's high-speed demanding, QTS 4.3.5 provides users with significant benefits and increased performance, free of charge, to effectively tackle performance and time-sensitive tasks."
Learn more about QTS 4.3.5 at https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.3.5/en.
Watch QTS 4.3.5 video introductions at https://live.qnap.com/en.
Key features and benefits of QTS 4.3.5:
Storage - Unleash the full advantages of SSD, streamline storage management and data recovery [ Watch presentation video]<
- Software-defined SSD extra over-provisioning: Configure SSD RAID over-provisioning to diminish undesired SSD write amplification for maximized SSD lifespan, and to achieve a constant random writing performance of over 100% compared to SSD with only the default over-provisioning amount. It is beneficial for significantly boosting write-heavy applications such as databases and intensive online editing. A unique SSD Profiling Tool helps evaluate the best over-provisioning ratio based on the target IOPS performance of users.
- Restoring from remotely-stored snapshots: Snapshot restoration from a remote snapshot replica can now be directly written back to the local NAS through the network without manually restoring all folders and files at the backup destination then copying them back to local NAS. This saves time and effort by streamlining operations.
- Flexible volume configuration and conversion: Volumes can now be converted between thin- and thick-provisioning, providing maximum flexibility of storage space allocation. Volumes sizes can be shrunk as well, ensuring the NAS can adapt to changing needs of storage allocation.
- Boosting VJBOD performance with iSER: QNAP's proprietary Virtual JBOD (VJBOD) technology is boosted by iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER) support from Mellanox compatible network cards, enhancing transmission speeds for a more efficient storage expansion.
- Network - Supercharge workflows with high-speed connectivity and flexibility [ Watch presentation video]
- Software-defined Network & Virtual Switch app: Revamped with many new features including network topology, device diagram to identify physical ports, customizable multiple DDNS, NCSI service, static route, software-defined switch mode, IPv6 complete function, and DHCPv4 reserved IP addresses, the app greatly streamlines operations and improves performances at the center of the user experience. UI improvements for Thunderbolt and wireless settings make their statuses more straightforward and settings more convenient.
- Advanced support for SmartNICs: QTS now supports powerful features that are built into advanced network interface controllers (NICs), such as the Mellanox ConnectX-4 for iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER).
- QBelt virtual private network (VPN) protocol: QNAP's proprietary QBelt VPN protocol added into the QVPN Services app increases network security by encrypting traffic and decreasing chances of being detected. Geo-blocked web content and/or enterprise intranet resources can also be accessed by using QBelt to circumvent such restrictions.
More new features include:
Notification Center - Never miss another system notification
- The brand-new Notification Center consolidates system logs and notifications for all NAS apps into a single app with flexible rule settings, facilitating smooth and easy NAS managements. There are also more notification methods, including email, SMS, instant message, and push notification
Security Counselor - A security portal for QNAP NAS
- Security Counselor checks for weaknesses and offers recommendations to enhance NAS security and to protect data against multiple attack methods. It also integrates anti-virus and anti-malware scanning software to ensure the complete protection of QNAP NAS.
Features and functionality are subject to change and may not be available for all QNAP NAS models.
Note: QTS 4.3.5 will be the final version supported by the SS/TS-x79 and TS/TVS-x70 series.