Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM), announced that its latest premium mobile platform is powering Samsung's most advanced smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Note9, for select regions. The Samsung Galaxy Note9 is powered by the QualcommÂ® Snapdragonâ"¢ 845 Mobile Platform, which integrates Qualcomm Technologies' second-generation Gigabit LTE solution, the Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, and immersive multimedia experiences including on-device artificial intelligence (AI). Qualcomm Technologies continues to enable strategic partners like Samsung to deliver cutting-edge features and experiences to enrich consumers' everyday lives.
"Advanced features integrated into the Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, like superior connectivity and artificial intelligence, are currently transforming the way consumers experience their mobile devices," said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager, mobile, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. "As evidenced by our long-standing collaboration with Samsung, Qualcomm Technologies continues to enable our strategic partners to provide the latest breakthrough mobile experiences."
The Galaxy Note9 takes advantage of Qualcomm Technologies' most advanced commercial suite of wireless technologies in a mobile platform, with cutting edge LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features. The Snapdragon 845 integrates Qualcomm Technologies' second-generation Gigabit LTE solution, the Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, which is engineered to support LTE Category 18 peak download speeds of 1.2 Gbps, up to 5x carrier aggregation, License Assisted Access (LAA), Dual SIM-Dual VoLTE as well as 4x4 MIMO on up to 3 aggregated carriers. QualcommÂ® aptXâ"¢ audio allows the Galaxy Note9 to support consistent, high-quality sound over Bluetooth to wireless headsets and speakers that support this technology.
Snapdragon 845 was designed for consumers to capture cinema-grade videos and blur the lines between physical and virtual worlds. Integrated into the Snapdragon 845, the Galaxy Note9 utilizes the Qualcomm Spectraâ"¢ 280 image signal processor (ISP) and QualcommÂ® Adrenoâ"¢ 630 visual processing subsystem to bring high-performance, true-to-life cinematic video capture, along with superior photography to flagship mobile devices. It is engineered to shatter performance expectations and connect you at beyond Gigabit speeds.
Snapdragon 845 features Qualcomm Technologies' third-generation QualcommÂ® AI Engine, which integrates hardware and software components, including the QualcommÂ® Neural Processing SDK, to enable optimized on-device AI performance for a more responsive, power-efficient user-experience. With the Qualcomm AI Engine, the Galaxy Note9's intelligent camera can identify elements of a photo to categorize it into one of 20 types and instantly optimizes it based on the category. The result is a stunning, lifelike image with bold colors and dynamic definition. Snapdragon 845 also improves voice driven smart assistants with its ultra-low power voice processing thanks to the performance from the Qualcomm Aqsticâ"¢ audio codec (WCD9341).
"The Galaxy Note9 extends Samsung's most premium line of mobile devices and requires the most innovative technologies," said TM Roh, executive vice president and the head mobile R&D, Samsung Electronics. "Our ongoing collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies allows us to deliver a best-in-class experience."
Latest News Posts
- Remedy teases new RTX filled trailer of Control at GDC 2019
- Nightdive teases 20-minute video of System Shock remake
- Warren Spector debuts System Shock 3 pre-alpha preview
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today